News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Rdcommendations for standalone hi-hat stand

Started by Haggis-man, August 05, 2012, 03:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haggis-man

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new (free standing) hi-hat stand to replace the 2Box one and I'd like to know if anyone has something to recommend under the £100 mark?

I've been looking at various Gibraltar models and also the Big Dog heavy duty model. The latter gets very good reviews and is only around the £70 mark.

Any input appreciated.

Cheers

Murgen

Quote from: Brian-D (Haggis-man) on August 05, 2012, 03:08:05 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new (free standing) hi-hat stand to replace the 2Box one and I'd like to know if anyone has something to recommend under the £100 mark?

I've been looking at various Gibraltar models and also the Big Dog heavy duty model. The latter gets very good reviews and is only around the £70 mark.

Any input appreciated.

Cheers

My drumshop ordered the Drumcraft legless standard for me for 69 euro. I will take it and test it for the forum here. Just hold your scottish horses, my lord.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Haggis-man

Hi murgen,

Thanks, although I am looking for a stand with legs as I don't want to clamp the hi hat stand to the rack.

Cheers

Murgen

Quote from: Brian-D on August 05, 2012, 08:36:57 PM
Hi murgen,

Thanks, although I am looking for a stand with legs as I don't want to clamp the hi hat stand to the rack.

Cheers

Right, I misunderstood.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

digitalDrummer

Interesting that Murgen mentioned DrumCraft. I have their top of the line 8 series HH stand and it's rock solid and totally heavyweight - and sells for about the same as low-level Pearl hardware. I recently added a 6 series snare stand and an entry-level 4 series cymbal stand and am very impressed with the quality - especially for the price.
I would certainly check out a 4 Series or 6 Series HH stand.

rcprod

I bought a Gibralter stand and it works nicely. On the tag it says: 6607 G/B HVY DBL Braced HI Hat Stand. http://www.steveweissmusic.com/product/gibraltar-6607-hi-hat-stand/hi-hat-stands.

I tried a Yamaha stand but it seemed that the diameter of the metal rod to which the hi-hat clutch attaches was too thin and that caused it to trigger the closed "chick" sound when releasing the pedal.

Haggis-man

Cheers for the feedback guys, I'll probably go for the Gibraltar as I can get that locally.