News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Newbie ENV question

Started by StudioG4, August 08, 2012, 04:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StudioG4

I am a current ddrum4 user and have recently purchased a DrumIt Five module to replace the ddrum module. I use a Yamaha Recording Custom kit with ddrum triggers on mesh heads. I am woodshedding this new module as I want to understand everything about it and its operation before I implement it into my rack. I've been thru the manual often and have come across some not so clear (to me at least) questions and would welcome any help from you guys (and girls) who have had the pleasure longer than me.
On the Kit-Env screen, under SOUND, what exactly do the various combinations of + and - indicate? +++, +-+, --+ etc.
Many thanks,  Tony G

drum-de

Hi there and welcome!

Please: RTFM!

Thanks and have fun!

drum-de

edtc

Quote from: StudioG4 on August 08, 2012, 04:25:29 AM

On the Kit-Env screen, under SOUND, what exactly do the various combinations of + and - indicate? +++, +-+, --+ etc.
Many thanks,  Tony G

In a DSOUND ( exept for Hihat ) , you can have up to 3 different sounds(or zones) ... here you can chose witch zone is played when you use a mono trigger ....

Check the 1.24 manual for details ....

StudioG4

"when you use a mono trigger ...."
now THAT makes more sense. Don't recall reading that in the manual tho.
Thanks guys.
Tony G

fishmonkey

actually it doesn't have to be a mono trigger, the setting can be used on any of the kit pieces.

as mentioned above, each DSND file can contain 1, 2 , or 3 zones. essentially the +/- settings allow you to turn some of those zones off if you want.

for example, you could set one of your cymbals to play a bell sound no matter where you hit it, by turning off the edge and bow sounds.

StudioG4

Thanks fishmonkey for the continued explanation. I do read all my manuals for my gear but sometimes things are not that clearly explained. Thats why people like you and this board are a God send.
Many thanks!
Tony G

digitalDrummer

Can this be used to select just the closed HH sound?

fishmonkey

i just tried it, but if the hihat is open i can't get the module to play only a closed sound.

drop clutch?

edtc

Quote from: digitalDrummer on August 10, 2012, 04:53:52 AM
Can this be used to select just the closed HH sound?

Open and close are positions that you ll get on each zones of the hi hat ... so if you  chose  edge or bow , it will still be open ....

could be nice,  if there s a next update one day ,  to include possibility to chose the " open-ness" of the hihat ... many people ask for this , and sometimes it would be handy ,...