News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Forum Problems - update

Started by UC, August 02, 2012, 07:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UC

Hey people

Depending on the speed of your ISP picking up fresh DNS records, you might well be seeing this on the new host!

I've brought back everything up until July - still hoping to to arrive at last week - I'll see if I can re-integrate whatever I can.

In the meantime, please don't post anything but feel free to browse :)

Cheers
UC

edtc

fuckin'hell TOM , this was faaaast !!!

Thanx a lot ;)

UC

Needs must when the devil farts in your face, as they say!

Hopefully be able to set aside a few gig for attachments to posts as long as people respect copyright etc :)

That's for another day though...

UC

Okay chaps, I think the old host is having a major crisis as I'm not even getting automated responses to my emails from them  :'(

Really sorry if you've lost questions, answers, private messages etc.

I'm satisfied that the board is nice and solid now though - if July's posts ever come back I will try to integrate them back in, or host them on a subdomain or something.

The moral of the story is don't place all your trust in anyone else's backup plans, but on the plus side I've learnt a fair amount of interesting things you can do with Cron jobs!

So with no further delay I'd like to invite you all back in to the playground :)

cheers
Tom

Murgen

--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

UC

Renegator

By any chance did this wipe out some users? I am pretty sure I was here back in the summer but couldn't find a trace of my being here, not even what I believe would have been my user id.

Rene

UC

Hi Rene

I'm afraid it's entirely possible that some accounts disappeared, unfortunately the "backup solution" provided by the previous webhost was somewhat lacking. The forum is now backed up to 3 different physical locations twice a day!

Apologies if you lost anything important.

Renegator

No problem. It's a great site. Thanks for all your work