News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

My Snare Drum talks too much..;

Started by nonoduweb, November 21, 2009, 05:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonoduweb

Hi,
I have a small problem with my snare drum (pad 12 thumbs): when I once strike it, several less strong sounds are emitted (thresold in 48). It seems that the mesh head vibrates too much, even tightened to death.
The problem does not arrive if I muffle the head with a piece of paper.
Is there another solution to avoid that (except thresold in 20)?
Thanks

Travis182

Have you tried any of the new curve settings?

nonoduweb

Yes I tried with these new regulations.
The repetition of the sound is less strong with the curve " neg ", but is always there.
Anybody has already had this problem?

eyerichards

This is going to sound strange but change the pad type to acoustic1 in the unit page and adjust your gain setting to about 11 or to your personal taste.
I had a similar problem with our kit in the shop and this sorted the double triggering out. :)

nonoduweb

Ok I tried that, and it works well.

However I think It's strange. :-\

Thank you eyerichards

eyerichards

Scottie

Hi nonoduweb

Did you try adjusting the gain on the pad settings?

Thanks
Scott

nonoduweb

Hello,
Yes I tried to change the gain value. That changes nothing, the module receives several releases.
Perhaps that the head has a problem.

cabalestra

Man, I do not know if this helps, but I had a similar issue with my Roland kit (TD-3 with Pintech heads). Eventually, I solved this putting the retrigger value to 4. In case you haven't tried this already, you might give it a try.

Ciao,

Carlo.

Scottie

Quote from: nonoduweb on November 23, 2009, 04:22:10 PM
Hello,
Yes I tried to change the gain value. That changes nothing, the module receives several releases.
Perhaps that the head has a problem.

Hi nonoduweb

Have you tried plugging a Tom in to the snare input and seeing how that triggers? Could be a way to test that the sensor is working correct on your Snare pad.

Thanks
Scott

nonoduweb

Hi

Yes I tried to use a pad of a tom. It works fine, no repetitions of the sound, even with thresold in 48.

Scottie

Quote from: nonoduweb on November 23, 2009, 05:27:06 PM
Hi

Yes I tried to use a pad of a tom. It works fine, no repetitions of the sound, even with thresold in 48.

Hi nonoduweb

Ok, so have you tried plugging your snare in to a Tom input and seeing how it triggers?

Thanks
Scott

nonoduweb

Hi

When I try that, there are several releases too. (we hear repetitions less with a sound of tom)

Scottie

Quote from: nonoduweb on November 23, 2009, 07:01:30 PM
Hi

When I try that, there are several releases too. (we hear repetitions less with a sound of tom)

Hi nonoduweb

This could point to the sensor on your snare pad having an issue. Can i ask what curve setting you have it set to?

Thanks
Scott

nonoduweb

Hi Scottie

Here is a video of my snare drum, with differents settings of curve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBrUky2alvs

Thanks