drumit5 + zildjan gen 16 + ableton live = how to record?

Started by drummerkid, June 17, 2012, 02:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerkid

Hi all!

I am completely new to this forum so if I am repeating this issue then my bad.

I recently bought the 2box along with the zildjan gen 16 cymbals and they work out great! However, I really need help in the recording method and how to connect the 2box and the gen 16 cymbals to my audio interface and then connect that to my mac which has the ableton software. This may be super easy to most of you, but I am new to the world of e-drums, so please no rude comments.

I just want to start recording on my 2box with the gen 16 cymbals and would appreciate a step by step process in what to connect where.

Thank You!

Krillo

It really depens on how many inputs your interface got. If you got only 2 then you'd need to plug the gen16's into the line in of the 2box, and then the outs from the 2box to the line ins of your interface.

Jman

Also depends on the quality of recording you want. The Gen-16 AE cymbals are really only able to produce a usable sound when amped like in a live setting. So if you just run direct from the DSP unit to your interface, don't expect a very good sound. The headphone sound directly from the DSP unit is tinny, thin, and not like any real cymbal you would care to use ..... IMO.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/