News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

sound problem of 2box

Started by drummer81, November 17, 2009, 08:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonoduweb

Thank you for the recordings, maybe that Deve or others will help you more easily.

I had this kind of distortion on some sounds, like the toms. I can't say that it's the problem which concerns you. I think it was caused by an electric problem in my house (a trendy device seemed to cause these distortions).
Did you try to use your module in another place, or change your power adaptor?

drummer81

i have too distortion on sounds, only the toms and kick.why?please help me!

geo

I had exactly the same symptoms recently. The cause was using the wrong power supply (9V rather than the 18V required). Thankfully no damage done to the brain even after an hour or so of use; all was fixed with the correct one plugged in again.

hasanacar

Quote from: Deve Loper on November 28, 2010, 08:05:44 PM
Is your power adapter getting very hot?
Maybe after a while when it gets too warm, the secondary ac voltage drops and the internal power circuits can't deliver a clean voltage anymore.
Otherwise is the main ac voltage too low? It should be 230 V +-5 %.
Deve.

Hello Deve

I have the exact same problem. And your comment made me think about this.
Here in turkey the Voltage level is 220 V and 50 Hz,  Do you think, this much of tiny diff can cause this heat and distortion ?

Thanks.

hasanacar

Quote from: drummer81 on December 11, 2010, 06:27:51 PM
when i turn off the volume the distortion doesn't sound at the output,in any other case the problem it's still the same after i turn on the module for an hour and plus there is distortion again...
it it a problem of the overheat of the ac adaptor ? :-[ :-[ :-[

Quote from: LooPercuS on November 13, 2010, 06:25:59 PM

Hi,

I have the same problem. After a while the sounds are distored. After playing the pads sometimes they are 'clean' again or turn into distortion after some hits.
I have a pretty new set (oktober 2010) serial 01026, Boot 1.32 version OS 1.10
(The adapter (powersupply) is very hot after some time)
Did you already solved the problem?

thks

Quote from: LooPercuS on November 29, 2010, 06:55:32 PM
Hi ,

It seems we have the same problem with the drumitfive:-(

grtz LooPercuS

HEllo guys.. I know this s a very old topic.. It s ressurected now :)  How did u end up with this weird annoying issue ? Are you still owner of a 2box kit :) ?

sn47som

I found the fix to the ever irritating distorted, clipping sounds when playing!
It wasn't the power supply as mentioned prior, although it wouldn't hurt to get the proper one!

The solution to this is to just change the pad trigger settings! From the factory they are set to the hottest trigger setting which is not ideal. This is whats causing the distortion/clipping when playing. From the factory they are set to RubH1. This is way too hot. Try RubH2 and that will take most of the clipping out but not all but will sound moderately hot still if thats your thing. To take all clipping out completely set it to RubH3 and voila!! problem solved and the samples wont sound hot anymore either!! its killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

dboomer

Even more reason why there needs to be a technical description of the differences between pad trigger types.  :)

sn47som

Quote from: dboomer on November 17, 2015, 07:50:44 PM
Even more reason why there needs to be a technical description of the differences between pad trigger types.  :)

Amen to that!

hasanacar

Just for leaving a note on this topic as archive, I don't have that issue at all. Fist A voltage regulator kind of solved my issue, now I don't use it but I use a surge protector, and that helps.