News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

sound problem of 2box

Started by drummer81, November 17, 2009, 08:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummer81

fishmonkey

sounds like you probably have a faulty cymbal then...

drummer81

drummer81

and hit the ride cymbal at the top it  often sounds like bel...both are defective?

nonoduweb

I don't know if I will help... Have you tried to use a low gain setting for your cymbals?

drummer81

nonoduweb

I suppose that you tried to use the CYMB3 input.

I haven't got my kit with me. Can you try to connect a pad (tom) to the cymbal input (1 or 2) and see if you have a edge sound when you hit the rim, and a bell and bow sounds when you hit hard or soft on the head?

drummer81

okay I'll try it.

I see that it has similar problem with mine( http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,479.0.html

Please HELP ME, if it does not solve the problem you are considering selling the kit :-[

spoenk

with the latest OS triggering of cymbal zones was changed so that hard hits/strong triggers are interpreted as bell sounds ...

fooling around with trigger settings should help...

as a little experiment you could install an older OS where zone differentiation was still different and see how your cymbals behave then?

drummer81

Quote from: spoenk on November 07, 2010, 10:59:44 AM
with the latest OS triggering of cymbal zones was changed so that hard hits/strong triggers are interpreted as bell sounds ...

fooling around with trigger settings should help...

as a little experiment you could install an older OS where zone differentiation was still different and see how your cymbals behave then?

with older OS the cymbals operating normally,but now with latest OS they are problem...

mandubien

If they are defective, simply ask your reseller to replace them. Even in France (and you should know all the problems we currently have) they replace them. It shouldn't take no more than 1 week.

spoenk

then i guess you would have to adapt your trigger settings to your playing style and/or your playing style :)

as far as cymbal triggering goes, the older OS suited me better, but now i got used to the new triggering as well ...

LooPercuS

Quote from: drummer81 on December 14, 2009, 09:02:20 PM
suddenly I am facing again the sound problem (distortion of the kick and the tom). I downloaded the following file: BootUpdater130.exe, then i run it and there after there is an "error" at the os screen. I can do nothing at the file of 2box and when I click at the disc of 2box, tools-check- Automatically fix file system errors check box is active-  

It remains uncomplete. what should I do, I m gonna be crazy with that thing..

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Hi,

I have the same problem. After a while the sounds are distored. After playing the pads sometimes they are 'clean' again or turn into distortion after some hits.
I have a pretty new set (oktober 2010) serial 01026, Boot 1.32 version OS 1.10
(The adapter (powersupply) is very hot after some time)
Did you already solved the problem?

thks

rudiman

I have some similiar problem.  see http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,510.0.html
My kits have strange clicks and now some sounds are distorted. My serial nr is 1244 so there is change that its the internal card. You have a serialnr < 1050 so this is a bit strange.
I left my 2box on last night (forgot to switch it off) and this morning the GOODS kits are now sounded distorted.
Didn't checked the temperture of the powersupply. Will do that tomorow.

nonoduweb

Distorted sounds and clicks are perhaps differents problems.

You can try to use your kit elsewhere (other house) during a long time and see if it happens again.
As regards the clicks, rudiman, it sounds very strange...According to various posts on the forum, the problem with the cards causes just brain freezing, however seeing your serial number, it would be in your interest to change it.
It seems that drummer81 has left the forum, perhaps because no-one here could help him. :-\
I hope you won't, guys!