News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

sound problem of 2box

Started by drummer81, November 17, 2009, 08:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottie

Quote from: drummer81 on December 15, 2009, 01:24:45 PM
update it's complete and now write to module boot 1.32 and OS 1.02,but the problem remains

drummer81, did you run the error check on the card once you had done the boot update?

Thanks
Scott

drummer81

yes...

Quote from: Scottie on December 15, 2009, 02:24:17 PM
Quote from: drummer81 on December 15, 2009, 01:24:45 PM
update it's complete and now write to module boot 1.32 and OS 1.02,but the problem remains

drummer81, did you run the error check on the card once you had done the boot update?

Thanks
Scott

Scottie

Did it return any errors? Could you also take a screen grab showing what files you have in the DRUMIT FIVE drive?

I will send you a PM with my email address for the picture.

Thanks
Scott

Scottie

Hi drummer81

Did you manage to take a screen grab of your DRUMITFIVE drive? Hopefully we can get this issue sorted once and for all.

Thanks
Scott

drummer81

i took the module to the company, they test it for about 12 hours and there was no problem. They said there are two options,  a cable which connect the triggers pad with module is out of order, or it's a matter of supplier because of the multi socket and maybe the volts are more or less of the standard and the result is the overheating of circuit. He said to me to connect it to another socket so i did it and till now no problem came out.

Do you have a clue of what's happening?

ty :)

drummer81

Quote from: Scottie on December 16, 2009, 10:47:46 AM
Hi drummer81

Did you manage to take a screen grab of your DRUMITFIVE drive? Hopefully we can get this issue sorted once and for all.

Thanks
Scott

When i turn it on the screen indicates "loading_os" and after that writes "fat_s_o512__04k"
Does anybody know what is it all about?
Has something to do with the distortion that the module produces?

Scottie

Hi drummer81

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks
Scott

drummer81

2 questions
:patbat2box:

About the module issue i suppose that is an Power Supply adaptor matter because it is overheated.i want to change the Power Supply adaptor.Should i buy the same model (2box) or something else of the market?

When i hit the cymbal at the edge it  often sounds like bell ?is it something common or do i have a problem with it?How could i fix it ?is it a problem of module or it has to do with triggering?

fishmonkey

output of the standard adaptor is not very common, it is 18 V AC, .56A (10VA).

as long as the replacement adaptor is 18 V AC, and at least 10VA, then it should work (of course you must get the polarity right too). if you don't understand this stuff then you must get somebody to help you, otherwise you could damage the 2Box brain.

note that most adaptors output DC, not AC.

drummer81

Quote from: drummer81 on November 05, 2010, 07:35:47 PM

2 questions
:patbat2box:

1)About the module issue i suppose that is an Power Supply adaptor matter because it is overheated.i want to change the Power Supply adaptor.Should i buy the same model (2box) or something else of the market?

2)When i hit the cymbal at the edge it  often sounds like bell ?is it something common or do i have a problem with it?How could i fix it ?is it a problem of module or it has to do with triggering?

2?  ???

fishmonkey

does it do that with all cymbals? and does it do it all the time, or just occasionally?

drummer81

Quote from: fishmonkey on November 06, 2010, 07:14:12 AM
does it do that with all cymbals? and does it do it all the time, or just occasionally?

sometimes,occasionally.

fishmonkey

to work out where the problem is you can try the following:

• swap the cables so the weird cymbal is using the cable from your working cymbal; if it still doesn't work properly:
  • plug the cable into the input for the working cymbal; as a final test:
  • plug the working cymbal into the brain input that the weird cymbal is normally connected to

if the cymbal is still mistriggering when plugged into a different (working) cymbal input, then most likely the cymbal itself isn't triggering properly (since you have ruled out a faulty cable or faulty trigger input on the brain).

drummer81

Crosscheck the cable and is Ok ???

but the problem remains... again hit the cymbal at the edge it often sounds like bell and hit the ride cymbal at the top it  often sounds like bell...How could i fix it ?

fishmonkey

which version of the firmware are you using?