News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

sound problem of 2box

Started by drummer81, November 17, 2009, 08:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummer81

hi, i probably push some wrong buttons at the brain and either the toms or the kick produce distorted sounds. does anyone know if there is a reset that restore the initial settings? I' ve already checked the cables and everything is ok, what could have happened? is there a possibility to be defective? beacuse some times when i opened it at the beginning it is ok and then the sounds are distorted. If anyone has an idea, please help me   

Scottie

Hi drummer81

Have you updated the OS to the leatest version 1.0?
If not click here:http://www.2box.se/Pages/downloads.html to download the latest OS, and follow the instructions on the website to update your Unit.

After you have done this, could you try your Unit and see if the distortion has cleared up?

Thanks
Scott

drummer81

Quote from: Scottie on November 17, 2009, 08:28:13 PM
Hi drummer81

Have you updated the OS to the leatest version 1.0?
If not click here:http://www.2box.se/Pages/downloads.html to download the latest OS, and follow the instructions on the website to update your Unit.

After you have done this, could you try your Unit and see if the distortion has cleared up?

Thanks
Scott

ok, thanks, but i have stucked in the update thing, could you help? how could i update it?

Scottie

Hi drummer81

What part of the update have you got stuck on?

Thanks
Scott

drummer81

Quote from: Scottie on November 17, 2009, 09:10:33 PM
Hi drummer81

What part of the update have you got stuck on?

Thanks
Scott

I don't know how to start and where to end..I power it off for a while and now it works ok

Scottie

Hi Drummer81

Ok here are the steps to follow:

1. Download the OS from the link i gave you. The file will be called drumit100.bin
2. Connect your DrumIt Five Unit to your PC via a USB cable.
3. Turn the power on, and press the top left data button above the display to boot the Unit in to USB mode.
4. Then locate the DrumIt Five folder which will come up as if it were a memory card. This should be located under My Computer
5. Open the folder and you will then be located in the root.
6. Drag and drop the drumit100.bin file that you download over to the DrumIt folder that you opened.
7. Once that appears in the DrumIt folder, you can then turn the power off on the Unit.
8. Disconnect the USB cable from the Unit and turn the power back on and it should now display OS 1.00 when it is going through the boot procedure.

If you have any questions or issues with the update procedure, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks
Scott

drummer81

Thanx for all Scott everything is ok update has been done,does new update have metronome? and if it does, how is activated?

The 2box is SUPER!!! :o

Scottie

Quote from: drummer81 on November 19, 2009, 01:57:25 PM
Thanx for all Scott everything is ok update has been done,does new update have metronome? and if it does, how is activated?

The 2box is SUPER!!! :o

Hi drummer81

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the kit  ;D

Unfortunately a metronome is not a feature on the 1.0 update. I haven't got any details on what update that will be in at the moment, but it is on the list of things that will be added to the kit.

Thanks
Scott

drummer81

suddenly I am facing again the sound problem (distortion of the kick and the tom). I downloaded the following file: BootUpdater130.exe, then i run it and there after there is an "error" at the os screen. I can do nothing at the file of 2box and when I click at the disc of 2box, tools-check- Automatically fix file system errors check box is active-  

It remains uncomplete. what should I do, I m gonna be crazy with that thing..

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Travis182

What did you try to update your brain with, a pc or a mac?

drummer81

drummer81

it works,but the sounds sometimes have distortion others are clear sound...What is the Problem?

drummer81

Scottie please help me!!!(the sounds sometimes have distortion)

Scottie

Quote from: drummer81 on December 15, 2009, 09:52:21 AM

Hi drummer81

Ok, so where you able to complete the boot update and install the new OS, or are you still receiving the OS error when booting?

Thanks
Scott

drummer81

update it's complete and now write to module boot 1.32 and OS 1.02,but the problem remains
Quote from: Scottie on December 15, 2009, 10:04:16 AM
Quote from: drummer81 on December 15, 2009, 09:52:21 AM

Hi drummer81

Ok, so where you able to complete the boot update and install the new OS, or are you still receiving the OS error when booting?

Thanks
Scott