News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

created sounds are not shown in "sound browser"

Started by tarr, May 15, 2012, 05:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarr

Hi, I just got my set. I am using DrumIt five Editor 1.0.4 and Module (Brain) with OS 1.24 on it.
I created sounds (.dsnd) by myself with the Editor. When i try to configure a kit, the sound browser of the editor only lets me search within  "Cymbal, Kick, Perc, Snare, Song, Tom", probably the hard drive or memory of the brain, but not within any other locations like my hard drive.
No matter where I save the created file from the editor to (my hard drive or directly to the brain), it just will not be shown in the Sound Browser. Drag and Drop also does not seem to work. Even though if i save them directly to the module and its display shows "w" i have no access to these files in the Editor.

Any help? Thanks a lot !!

digitalDrummer

You need to copy the DSND to the brain, into the correct folder (eg - Toms if it's a tom, snares if it's a snare). It should then show up when you search the folders.
The kit editor software is the easiest way to modify the kits.

Haggis-man

Hi Tar,

When I create new sounds I copy then into the respective directories on the module ie: hihats to the hihats folder etc. Once there you can use the editor to edit kits with the new sounds.

I'm not sure as I haven't tested it but I think if you don't use the predefined folders the module will not see the sounds at all.

Cheers

tarr

hi guys,  thanks a lot for the immediate reply.
I really do not know whats wrong. I also tried to put / copy the .dsnd-files into the respective folder on the module. No matter what I do, it will not show up. Even i tried to move one of the existinge sound-files (dsnd) to another location. After refreshing / closing drum editor and restarting it will not recognise that it s not there any more. It seems to me, that there is no refreshing of the browser. It is also not possible for me to leave the module-drive as the "arrow-up"-button left to the refresh-button gives me no access to any folder above/out of the module but works only within.
Probably it is an issue of the current version 1.0.4 (r198) ?  Are there other (older) versions out there? The OS i am using on PC: Win 7
Thank you!

ps.: I also tried drumit editor in normal (not-USB) mode and having the module turned off:

tarr

Thanks a lot. I found a solution to my problem. It has been a very specific one. I tried to post it, but then the forum said, there was an error and my post was lost. Therefor shorter: It was something about the drumit.dkit file, the software tries to find the first time it starts. I made a backup of the module before in case I would make a mistake. I assume the software did find the wrong one (on my hard drive and not the drive within the brain) and the browser of the editor always referred to my hard drive and not the module afterwards (when I changed to "Kit-Mode" within the editor).

I am sorry for the short answer. (My post before was much longer...)
The solution I found: Deinstall software; before reinstalling: turn on module in usb-mode and unplugged my (external) hard-drive. When the editor-software asks for the drumit.dkit file give the right path on the module.

Cheers

Haggis-man