News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Replaceable tom mounts?

Started by equazcion, June 21, 2012, 07:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

equazcion

Hi, I'm posting from NYC in the US. I'm considering a Roland V-Drum set, but now that I found out there's a 2box dealer in the US (Pennsylvania), I'm considering that instead. Unfortunately it would still be a 3+ hour drive to go try them out, so I might just chance it and order them.

Basically my only concern is with the mounting hardware -- specifically the tom mounts. In all the YouTube videos I've seen, the toms can shake a good deal. It looks like they have somewhat non-substantial mounts.

I'm wondering, first of all, if the tom mounts can be replaced to fix this problem. From the videos, it looks like a metal rod gets jammed into the pad, like a cowbell/wood block mount. Is the socket a standard size that'll take any similar mount? Has anyone tried that?

I'm also wondering just how bad the shaking is, in terms of how much you notice it and how it affects your playing. Is it a distraction? Do you find that it makes playing more difficult?

Thanks in advance for the help!

lee_whitehead

Hi mate,

I just bought one of these kits myself, having not played one before purchase and I certainly dont regret it!

it took a while to assemble the kit, and the mounts are essentially hexagon shaped L bars that slide into a plastic ball and tighten around the bar via clamping (think Pearl DR-100 drum clamp style) - there is a little shake from the pads when you really whack it but I haven't had any issues so far and I play death metal/grindcore - I have always been a hard hitter and both the pads, holders and mesh heads are up to the job!

Hope that helps.

Lee

Rider

The holders are hexagonal so u'll need something like that, regular holders won't work.

They are pretty firm though and the movement comes from the bearing being a softer plastic

Jman

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/