News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit Five Operating System 1.0 Release- Nov 15th

Started by tim1987, November 11, 2009, 04:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micke

Ok.
here is a little breakdown of my probs with the hihat.
1. when the hihatpedal is released the hihat triggers (heelsplash sound) this can be taken care of by lowering the threshold, but that will make soft hits on the hihat not registerd.
2. when playing eg. even 8th notes with the same force i get very different volume on the strikes.
3. It is still very hard to get halfopen sound.
4. the difference in volume between bow and edge can also differ quite a lot.

It is the combination of these issues above that makes the hihat so hard and unpredictible to play.
if there where parameter changes to make on each of the different zones and functions seperatly, this would probably not be a issue.

also,
I had problems with the kick before but after changing the parameter for the pads from kick to 10", this works much better.
I hope you understand my bad english

Scottie

Quote from: micke on November 17, 2009, 08:27:01 PM
Ok.
here is a little breakdown of my probs with the hihat.
1. when the hihatpedal is released the hihat triggers (heelsplash sound) this can be taken care of by lowering the threshold, but that will make soft hits on the hihat not registerd.
2. when playing eg. even 8th notes with the same force i get very different volume on the strikes.
3. It is still very hard to get halfopen sound.
4. the difference in volume between bow and edge can also differ quite a lot.

It is the combination of these issues above that makes the hihat so hard and unpredictible to play.
if there where parameter changes to make on each of the different zones and functions seperatly, this would probably not be a issue.

also,
I had problems with the kick before but after changing the parameter for the pads from kick to 10", this works much better.
I hope you understand my bad english

Hi Micke

Thank you for taking the time to write down your thoughts, all these things are great pointers and i will pass your thoughts on to 2box. Is this the same on every kit in the Unit, or does it differ from kit to kit?

I am going to try out points 1 and 4 tomorrow as these are bits that i haven't noticed. I will let you know how i get on.

Thanks once again
Scott

spoenk

Quote from: The D on November 17, 2009, 08:00:08 PM
Hi Scott.

Could you possibly give us a rundown of the different curve settings and what they would be best used for?

I've had a mess about this evening but it would be helpful if we could have a rough guide as to what the difference / effect of the various settings are.
Sorry if I sound a bit daft but I'm not really familiar with these type of things - I just love to play drums!

Thanks in advance for your time mate.

Daz

i'd say that this depends a lot on your style of playing and what kind of music you are playing too. what the different options do is shown on the 2box homepage and you can hear it as well...i love how the snare behaves using 'neg1' as trigger curve, with the rest of the pads i use 'norm' so far...

Tooltip

Hi, let me begin by saying that I love this kit and enjoy it enormously BUT I can´t seem to get the hi-hat to work ok either. I recognize some of the problems micke has, especially with the different zones triggering uneven. The zone 8 (I think it´s the one on the edge), seems to always trig very loud without any chance of setting the volume.

@ Scottie. I would be very interested in a solution where you could set levels on these different zones if you hear anything about this.

Also I´m experiencing A LOT of doubletriggering and no matter how I calibrate the hi-hat it always gets out of place sooner or later and I have to recalibrate over and over again.

I will upgrade to the OS 1.0 as soon as possible and hopefully these issues will be ironed out. Also it would be very interesting to know if the Jobeky controller works with Drumit Five!

Tooltip

So I´m using a Mac, when will the USB boot update software be available for download?
Anyone knows anything about the drum editor that´s under developement?

roel

Quote from: Tooltip on November 17, 2009, 10:00:42 PM
Hi, let me begin by saying that I love this kit and enjoy it enormously BUT I can´t seem to get the hi-hat to work ok either. I recognize some of the problems micke has, especially with the different zones triggering uneven. The zone 8 (I think it´s the one on the edge), seems to always trig very loud without any chance of setting the volume.

@ Scottie. I would be very interested in a solution where you could set levels on these different zones if you hear anything about this.

Also I´m experiencing A LOT of doubletriggering and no matter how I calibrate the hi-hat it always gets out of place sooner or later and I have to recalibrate over and over again.

I will upgrade to the OS 1.0 as soon as possible and hopefully these issues will be ironed out. Also it would be very interesting to know if the Jobeky controller works with Drumit Five!

Yes iam curious also if the jobeky controller works with the drumit five, I heard a lot of good things about it!

Dr.Wu

another frustrated Mac user here.
and the warning that the update is being executed at the users own risk didnt help to encourage my trust.......
:-\

NeilC

Hi all,

I did the update last night... Pretty seamless experience for me, power up in USB mode whilst connected to PC, dragged the .bin file to the root of the DRUMIT FIVE drive, reboot the brain... DONE!

As mentioned all levels are set to zero (maybe a future update could see these all set to 50%?) so I quickly put them all up halfway and saved.

Then all I did was check out the HH. I set mine to Pos1 which seems to work best and get a definite closed to open and all inbetween. Will get a chance to play again this afternoon but so far the new OS is great!

Cheers
Neil

nonoduweb

Hi,

I got the new release 1.0 and all seems to work, but I can't change the sound of the rimshot of the snare and toms in the kit menu (it works fine with the OS 0.36).

Tooltip

Quote from: Dr.Wu on November 18, 2009, 08:27:20 AM
and the warning that the update is being executed at the users own risk didnt help to encourage my trust.......

Maybe some sort of VMware Fusion solution will work?

Scottie

Quote from: nonoduweb on November 18, 2009, 11:34:46 AM
Hi,

I got the new release 1.0 and all seems to work, but I can't change the sound of the rimshot of the snare and toms in the kit menu (it works fine with the OS 0.36).

Hi nonoduweb

Ok i have tried this out on the kit in the office, and everything works as it should. I think it could be worth reloading the OS again.

Let me know if this sort's the issue out?

Thanks
Scott

Scottie

Quote from: Dr.Wu on November 18, 2009, 08:27:20 AM

Hi Dr.Wu

This is simply down to the USB boot code. The guys at 2box are working on it as we speak, and then you will be able to update on your Mac. Once we have an ETA for the updater we will let you know straight away, and then updating wont be at the owners risk. I think it is better that they acknowledged that the USB bug is still there, rather then keeping quite about it and letting people update with out telling them, but that is just my point of view on that.

Thanks
Scott

UC

Quote from: Tooltip on November 18, 2009, 12:19:36 PM
Maybe some sort of VMware Fusion solution will work?

Heh, spot the geek :-)

Any Mac owners want to try dual booting with Ubuntu and try it under Wine?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBook

It's a better operating system anyway :-p

Only kidding :)

Some of my best friends own Macs.

nonoduweb

Thank you for your answer, Scott.

I re-loaded the OS 1.0 and the problem still remains.

In fact, I can access to the rimshots parameters only by the "unit" menu, when I touch a rimshot. Then if I click to the "kit" menu I can change the sound of the rimshot.
I can't change the sound of the shots directly by clicking on the kit menu, when I bang on a shot.

I must probably make a mistake somewhere... :-\

Scottie

Quote from: nonoduweb on November 18, 2009, 04:57:01 PM
Thank you for your answer, Scott.

I re-loaded the OS 1.0 and the problem still remains.

In fact, I can access to the rimshots parameters only by the "unit" menu, when I touch a rimshot. Then if I click to the "kit" menu I can change the sound of the rimshot.
I can't change the sound of the shots directly by clicking on the kit menu, when I bang on a shot.

I must probably make a mistake somewhere... :-\

Hi nonoduweb

To access the rim shot sound here, we presss the KIT button, then PAGE-DOWN to the DRUM page.
From there you hold down the MORE button and press the pad button on the Unit that you want to assign a sound to, and then simply scroll to the sounds. Once that is done, press the pad button again to take it off of more.

Does this help at all?

Thanks
Scott