News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit Five Operating System 1.0 Release- Nov 15th

Started by tim1987, November 11, 2009, 04:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micke

well, thats it :(
i updated just now and the hihat probs still remain...putting the kit out for sale now.

KlaS

Also updated without problems. Renamed old OS file in binold and let it in root, if new one not works. I have my kit not at home, so  in the moment I can test the brain only with pad buttons over headphone. It seems it works. Next days use it with kit and see what changed.

Scottie

Quote from: micke on November 17, 2009, 03:14:29 PM
well, thats it :(
i updated just now and the hihat probs still remain...putting the kit out for sale now.

Hi micke

What curve have you got set for the Hihat? Doesn't seem like you have given it much time to test the new OS and functions?

Thanks
Scott

Scottie

Quote from: spoenk on November 17, 2009, 02:57:55 PM
hi,

i'm located in austria but bought the kit in germany...it seems to me that although the line in works better now it still doesn't work as good as i would expect but i want to try this a little longer later...then i'll report back.
sadly the metronome function has not been included yet...

Hi spoenk

When you play is it only the backing track that distorts and not the actual drum sample?

Thanks
Scott

spoenk

hi there again,

so i tried it again, the line input does not distort as long as i don't play anything, as soon as i hit any pad, the backing track -not the drum sounds- distorts, it is most audible when i hit the hihat.
when i load the same track onto the brain everything works fine...this is the same problem that existed in os 0.36.
i'm still having lots of fun with the kit, but i sure would like this to work soon to make it even more fun...
and the metronome function, any information on that, it's rather crucial...?!
when i use the metronome on the line in there is no audible distortion though, only on playback songs and stuff...

micke

I have linear curve. and i have been trying the new os for about 6h now, my main consern is the hihat and since i ant get it work poperly i have given up. I know that alot of guys have worked long hours on this, and im sure that they have done what they can at this stage. I am soo disapointed cause i realy belived in this product, maybe it will work better in the future but i dont feel like waiting anymore.

puttenvr

Quote from: Scottie on November 17, 2009, 10:51:33 AM
i think this needs to be made more obvious on the update page.

The update page says: Please note; after updating to V1.0 you will need to adjust the volume for each group and save the new setting.

cabalestra

Quote from: micke on November 17, 2009, 04:37:05 PM
I have linear curve. and i have been trying the new os for about 6h now, my main consern is the hihat and since i ant get it work poperly i have given up. I know that alot of guys have worked long hours on this, and im sure that they have done what they can at this stage. I am soo disapointed cause i realy belived in this product, maybe it will work better in the future but i dont feel like waiting anymore.

Hi Micke, I understand your disappointment (I tried the set too). But before throwing it all away, isn't it an idea to first try it with another hi-hat controller? As I stated months ago in the forum, it seems like the Jobeky hi-hat controller works extremely well (with other modules). Given its relatively low price, you might give it a try.

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on November 17, 2009, 04:48:02 PM
Quote from: Scottie on November 17, 2009, 10:51:33 AM
i think this needs to be made more obvious on the update page.

The update page says: Please note; after updating to V1.0 you will need to adjust the volume for each group and save the new setting.

so puttenvr gives us your opinion after the update 1.0 (en ook op drumforum.nl aub).

Scottie

Quote from: micke on November 17, 2009, 04:37:05 PM

Hi micke

On the TRIG-PAGE what curve is the hihat set to?

Thanks
Scott

puttenvr

Quote from: roel on November 17, 2009, 04:52:40 PM
so puttenvr gives us your opinion after the update 1.0 (en ook op drumforum.nl aub).

Need to find a proper USB cable first.

Scottie

Quote from: micke on November 17, 2009, 05:32:33 PM
the curve is Neg1

Hi micke

Have you tried changing the curve settings? does this help at all?
What is your main gripe with the Hihat?

Thanks for any feedback that you can give
Scott

The D

Hi Scott.

Could you possibly give us a rundown of the different curve settings and what they would be best used for?

I've had a mess about this evening but it would be helpful if we could have a rough guide as to what the difference / effect of the various settings are.
Sorry if I sound a bit daft but I'm not really familiar with these type of things - I just love to play drums!

Thanks in advance for your time mate.

Daz