News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit Five Operating System 1.0 Release- Nov 15th

Started by tim1987, November 11, 2009, 04:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airdrummer

All right 2 box!!

I think it's a very serious company because they don't ship or release anything before complete satisfaction. It's not the case of microsoft for example with their x-box 360.

In france, 95% of the first produced x-box were returned to microsoft!!!

ps: sorry for my quite bad english.

Nussbaum

Scottie

Hey Everyone

Just to let you know that the update is 110% here. The website is just being updated at the moment, and then you will be able to download it  ;D

Thanks
Scott

Scottie

Hello again

Just to let you know that you can now download V1.0  :)

Thanks
Scott

UC

Wahey! And if you don't believe Scottie, here it is :animal:

Good work chaps.

puttenvr

So, we waited all those months for only 86,9 kb ? ;D

The D

Scott.

I updated last night and the unit showed an error and wouldn't work when I tried to re-boot. I tried to re-install but it would not allow me to delete the new os file.
The only way I could do it was by changing the name of the installed os  and then copying it over again.
This worked fine but was a bit worrying.

Also, for anyone interested, on the first re-boot the kit is silent. The volume has to be changed for each group as it is set to zero by default.
This is mentioned in the 2Box info but doe's not mention that the volume is at zero.

Not a problem I know but because of my initial failed install, I thought I had killed the unit :-\

Thanks

airdrummer

HI

What do you think about this 1.0 new operating system? works fine? what's new? is the hi-hat response improved?

The D

Hi.

I'm not sure yet, it was late last night and I have to work today so I haven't had chance to dig into it yet.
From the little I have seen, the gain on my unit had to be set quite high compared to 0.36.
As for the hi-hat, I'll fiddle later and let you know. But for the record, I never really had any problem with it except for the half open issue.

We'll see later.

Scottie

Quote from: The D on November 17, 2009, 07:13:20 AM
Scott.

I updated last night and the unit showed an error and wouldn't work when I tried to re-boot. I tried to re-install but it would not allow me to delete the new os file.
The only way I could do it was by changing the name of the installed os  and then copying it over again.
This worked fine but was a bit worrying.

Also, for anyone interested, on the first re-boot the kit is silent. The volume has to be changed for each group as it is set to zero by default.
This is mentioned in the 2Box info but doe's not mention that the volume is at zero.

Not a problem I know but because of my initial failed install, I thought I had killed the unit :-\

Thanks

Hi The D

Good point on the volume, i think this needs to be made more obvious on the update page. Bet that was a bit of a nervy moment thinking that the Unit's memory had corrupt, but glad to hear that you managed to find a way around it  :)

We have just done the update here and it went really smooth, so i' not sure why your Unit wouldn't let you move the file across as it should. It will most probably be the boot 1.10 USB update routines, which will be updated soon. I will be interested to hear from others if they have experienced a similar issue to yours?

Looking forward to hearing people's feedback on the update  :)

Thanks
Scott

nonoduweb

No problem for me, the install worked perfectly.

The hihat seems to have no bug.

spoenk

hello,

i updated last night too. first it didn't work cause there was an error where my computer coulnd't communicate with the brain anymore, but i had no trouble removing the os 1.0 after reboot and copying it onto the brain again, then erverything worked fine.
i was quite shocked too when i couldn't here a sound at first...
now everything is fine...but when i use the input for playback, the signal is still distorted...

westerlu77

So this thing with halfopen hihat is solved? I have just played in a store but it quiet frustrating as it is been until now.

Scottie

Quote from: spoenk on November 17, 2009, 01:06:01 PM
hello,

i updated last night too. first it didn't work cause there was an error where my computer coulnd't communicate with the brain anymore, but i had no trouble removing the os 1.0 after reboot and copying it onto the brain again, then erverything worked fine.
i was quite shocked too when i couldn't here a sound at first...
now everything is fine...but when i use the input for playback, the signal is still distorted...

Hi spoenk

Can i ask what country you are located in?

Thanks for your help
Scott

spoenk

hi,

i'm located in austria but bought the kit in germany...it seems to me that although the line in works better now it still doesn't work as good as i would expect but i want to try this a little longer later...then i'll report back.
sadly the metronome function has not been included yet...