News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit Five Operating System 1.0 Release- Nov 15th

Started by tim1987, November 11, 2009, 04:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim1987

Does anyone know the details of this release and what fixes/features in this new operating system for the drumit five module?

Many Thanks

Scottie

Hi Tim

I am just waiting to find out this info also. If I can find anything before it goes live I will let you guys know.

Thanks
Scott

thijs

So, it's the 15th. I'm wondering if there will be a release today. A rainy sunday would be a great moment as far as I'm concerned :-)

puttenvr

KlaS

airdrummer

The site as you say is updating right now.

But is there anyone who could tell me what the update will change?

More sounds? better quality? better hi-hat response?

just wanna know

thanks!!

enjoy drummin' :patbat2box:

puttenvr

In the first software update some bugs will be fixed
But a few new sounds a x-mas present would be nice too

Scottie

Hello everyone

I have some news to give you all that i was hoping i wouldn't have to. The OS V1.0 has been delayed until the 16th of November.

Here is the news i have just got from 2box:

"Due to an unexpected bug popping up within the last 24 hours of development, we regret to inform you that OS V1.0 will be delayed by 24 hours.

The development team have been working around the clock to fix this issue, to ready the release today, but unfortunately we need a little more time to clear this issue up. Rest assured that the moment this update is finished we will release it to the public for download.

Thank you for understanding
The 2box Team"

As you can see from the website we were getting ready to release it today, but this little bug has been a real pain that came out of no where!

So firstly our apologise with this delay, everyone is working their socks off to get it here, but i am told that we will have it tomorrow.

Thanks
Scott

melsbro

In my experience, working around the clock to fix bugs doesn't really work that well :p.
I hope this isn't going to postpone the next shipment time >.<.

Scottie

Quote from: melsbro on November 15, 2009, 11:23:37 PM
In my experience, working around the clock to fix bugs doesn't really work that well :p.
I hope this isn't going to postpone the next shipment time >.<.

Hi melsbro

No this will not delay the shipment in anyway  ;D

Thanks
Scott

thijs

Indeed

They'll need a few weeks to clean up their code and undo the damage they did in this last week of working against the clock to get this version out. Hopefully they'll make time for that in their schedule or they'll be having quality issues for  a long time to come.

Scottie

Quote from: thijs on November 16, 2009, 07:32:36 AM
Indeed

They'll need a few weeks to clean up their code and undo the damage they did in this last week of working against the clock to get this version out. Hopefully they'll make time for that in their schedule or they'll be having quality issues for  a long time to come.

Hi thijs

No need to take this as a negative, in fact it is the complete opposite. A lot of development goes through a crunch period towards the end, not matter what industry it is.
2box will not release an update unless they are happy that it meets their standards. Believe me when i say that they were really disappointed that they couldn't release this yesterday.

Regards
Scott

thijs

Ah, didn't mean to be negative.

I'm in software development myself, I was just making a general comment that they'll need time to get their code base back in a good state after a crunch period like this.

puttenvr