News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

EZ Drummer

Started by roel, March 31, 2012, 08:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roel

I use a mac with OSX Lion (10.7.3) and I have some great sample packs from EZ Drummer on my Mac.
Drumkit From Hell,latin packs etc.
How do I get these wav samples from EZ Drummer in my 2box module (dsnd)?
Iam a rookie in these things, can anybody help me?

edtc

I guess the process is somewhere the same for every virtual drum softwares ....

The point is to render a 16 bit 44,1 wav file , with many hits , from high to low velocities ... then this file can be converted with the editor or Dsound tool ... 

Read the other posts about rendering with SD2 & co , you may be able to understand the process by yourself ...

digitalDrummer

I think you'll need to add EZplayer as EZdrummer doesn't have the ability to output/record audio files. Other than that, just follow the SD2 directions.

Haggis-man

Hi Roel

You should be able to export the drum MIDI track as audio within your host program. In Cubase this is non real time making audio exports very quick.

cheers

digitalDrummer

He might be using Solo instead of a host. That's why I suggested EZplayer.

kiskipuich

How in the hell could you map and make the ez drum
Sound correctly on each corresponding pad
with the 2box anyways??
I mean the mapping
How could you make the mapping be mapped  properly??

roel

I have convert some EZX Libaries Drumkit From Hell, Ezx Jazz, Ezx Metalmachine, Ezx Metal Heads.
Its working easy with the Lustar SDSE software, they samples are sounding great! :rock:

cwdrums

Is there anyway someone could post their .dsend files to make it easier?  I'm struggling to get these files into 2Box format?

Coda

No, I don't think so. Toontrack have already said (paraphrasing) that they are OK with us exporting samples from their products as long as we don't share the resulting sounds. The last thing we need is to piss them off, and have them bring down the ban hammer on us.

In any case, there are a million different sounds you can get from a single drum kit, and its not very likely you will 100% like the results of someone else's export - you need to export yourself, copy to SD, plug into 2box, evaluate, re-export, copy to SD, etc. I know it's a PITA but it is what it is.

Do yourself a big favour - get SDSE. It will make your exporting and testing a million times easier.