News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New Stealth Video Demo and New Sounds

Started by Jman, March 21, 2012, 02:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

OK .... I'm onto the next phase of my sound building adventures for my modules. Thought I'd go ahead and put up a video that has some of the new kit sounds and also get a little more detailed on how my new 2Box drum and cymbal conversion kits perform ... It's a pretty long video ... about 17 minutes, 190MB's or so, but I do go into quite a bit of detail and quite a few new BFD kits and Dig. Vault cymbal sounds ... you can right click and save to your computer if you don't have blazing download speed .... thanks for taking your time .... J
https://files.secureserver.net/0sEN5wcLjD3gB9
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

raptor

redstar299

Where can those sounds be purchased they sound awesome

raptor

I'm sure they are a culmination of Superior Drummer and BFD2 sounds, not to mention a multitude of add packs that Jman has collected.   ;D

redstar299

are they easily converted to DSND files?

raptor

It can be after you get a handle on the vst programs and convert each kit piece to a wav file and finally convert to a dsnd file. But there is a lot of trial (experimentation, sometimes some cursing and head scratching) with these vst programs. There is a lot of useful information packed into this website from people who have earned there stripes in this process.

Check the other various links about dsnd's and creating these wav files. Once you get your feet wet it can be very rewarding!  ;) Enjoy!

Pascaldc

* I actually have one more tom then Neil has *
:o
Favorite part of the video lolll

Your conversion kit is awesome as usual Jerry. all the kits sound really really good and i especially like the toms on the neil peart's kit , just the kind of sound i dig.

The only thing i'm not sure about is the hihat... I can't tell if its how the hats are reacting or if its in the way you played them,.. maybe you wanted to them to sound like that loll i don't know

rythm

Nice video, great sounds. Would love to have the Peart kit.  :)

Jman

Quote from: Pascaldc on March 23, 2012, 09:30:32 PM
* I actually have one more tom then Neil has *
:o
Favorite part of the video lolll

Your conversion kit is awesome as usual Jerry. all the kits sound really really good and i especially like the toms on the neil peart's kit , just the kind of sound i dig.

The only thing i'm not sure about is the hihat... I can't tell if its how the hats are reacting or if its in the way you played them,.. maybe you wanted to them to sound like that loll i don't know
Yeah, the HH transition are not quite as smooth on a couple of those. The most transitions you will find in BFD is Clsd, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and Full open ... personally I prefer the transitions in a lot of the SD packs, with a couple more transitions it does smooth the response more. That being said, one of the things that happens is when you are used to HH's with more transitions and you switch to one with less like this it will take a bit of time to get accustomed ... and I'm not accustomed to em yet .... plus on a scale of 1 to 10 for drummers ..... I'd hope to attain to 1 on that scale some day :) , so I can only blame so much on the sounds or equiptment ;D

Jman

Quote from: raptor on March 23, 2012, 05:58:00 PM
I'm sure they are a culmination of Superior Drummer and BFD2 sounds, not to mention a multitude of add packs that Jman has collected.   ;D
Yep, I've used a lot of SD2 and SD2 expansion packs .... and now BFD2, plus the Sonic Reality Peart kit, and a couple Digital Vault Gen 16 expansions ... I have been deleting as many SD2 kits as necessary off my current card to make room for the new BFD kits.... but I still have all the SD2 kits/dsnds backed up on other cards .... I've got a couple more 32GB cards on the way, so eventually I'll keep 1 card dedicated to BFD2 kits, and one to SD2 kits .... for now anyway....

Pascaldc

Quote from: Jman on March 23, 2012, 09:49:46 PM
plus on a scale of 1 to 10 for drummers ..... I'd hope to attain to 1 on that scale some day :) , so I can only blame so much on the sounds or equiptment ;D

Don't be so hard on yourself... and i am no Thomas Lang either. I find that playing acoustic hihat and electronic hihat is quite different.. I played some acoustic drums at a drumshop lately and gosh it was so akward; everything seemed far, too high, and so loud lolll