News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Anyone got any questions? (Hand in Hand Distribution - UK)

Started by Scottie, July 17, 2009, 10:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottie

Hey guys

Just to let you know that we are waiting for UPS to turn up today, with a new memory card which has the latest OS and new sounds loaded on it. We have our pre-production Unit open and waiting for it to be installed  ;D really excited to have a play around with some of the production sounds.

Our stock Units (modules) are being collected today from Sweden, so we should have them early next week....almost there now!!

Thanks
Scott

Scottie

Quickly took a few pictures of the production hardware for you. As you can see the pads still have their protective film on them.

Please note that the unit on this kit is from our pre-production one.

Sorry for the quality of the pics, i took them on my phone, but i wanted to get you all some pictures  ;D

Scott

UC

Hellfire

Those look great! You know, that orange color looks pretty good. It kind of reminds me of the old Ddrum red. That bold "here I am, look at me" type look. :)

roel

Quote from: Hellfire on July 22, 2009, 02:51:47 PM
Those look great! You know, that orange color looks pretty good. It kind of reminds me of the old Ddrum red. That bold "here I am, look at me" type look. :)

yes man thats right this set looks cool also i like the colour!!!

drumbeats2003

Hi Scott,

As you mention getting the new sounds, I was curious about some of the sound details. I come from both a drumming & engineering background and was wondering what approach was taken in detailing sound. For example the ddrum 4 listed many of the drums as to company and series (tama artstar II, ludwig bb, ect), while packages like oceanway drums takes the more tech approach by detailing what mic was used, placement, ect.  Any idea what route 2box is taking?  I remember ddrum 4 was sampled using a Neve Capricorn digital console which probably would have been better served on an old 8078 or Api Legacy in my opinion.  I realize this is an incredibly small detail on the eve of what I hope is going to be something amazing, but curious all the same.

Cliff

ps. if anyone else would be interested I'm going to start a thread about how we can all exchange sounds with each other. Many of us have some great gear ranging from some great drums, various sizes, microphone preamps, compressors, eq's, ect. Since we can load samples easily we can now all get that fat Neve sound, or capture the Bonzo sound, ect. 

barriteau

Hi, it's nice to meet everybody here, it seems this will be a very active community, that's is easy to predict, nobody of us got "the thing" but we got a lot of post in few days...

Okay, just want to clarify a pair of doubts with Mr. Scott,

First, Mr. Perico asked about voltage and I think it is important, is the brain for EU only 220V or it can be switched to 110V too?

Second, pads in the default kit are three 10" (toms) and two 12" (snare and kick)?

Thanks in advance,

Juan

Scottie

Quote from: drumbeats2003 on July 22, 2009, 05:24:07 PM
As you mention getting the new sounds, I was curious about some of the sound details. I come from both a drumming & engineering background and was wondering what approach was taken in detailing sound. For example the ddrum 4 listed many of the drums as to company and series (tama artstar II, ludwig bb, ect), while packages like oceanway drums takes the more tech approach by detailing what mic was used, placement, ect.  Any idea what route 2box is taking?  I remember ddrum 4 was sampled using a Neve Capricorn digital console which probably would have been better served on an old 8078 or Api Legacy in my opinion.  I realize this is an incredibly small detail on the eve of what I hope is going to be something amazing, but curious all the same.

Hi Cliff

No detail is to small. If you have any questions like this, then please feel free to ask them, and i will do my best to answer them for you. Sometimes i wont be able to answer them straight off of the bat, but i will get some sort of answer for you one way or another.

Ok basically there is going to be a section added to the website soon, which will detail how the sounds were created. So please bear with us on this, as it is a pretty big task in itself, but the information will become available to you. Sorry i can't give you anymore information at this time, but once i know that it is going to be added to the site i will give you a heads up.

What I will say though, is that we received the new memory card yesterday with the latest OS (0.36) release and sounds, and i don't think anyone will be disappointed with the quality of sounds available at launch.

Scottie

Quote from: barriteau on July 22, 2009, 11:14:59 PM
First, Mr. Perico asked about voltage and I think it is important, is the brain for EU only 220V or it can be switched to 110V too?

Second, pads in the default kit are three 10" (toms) and two 12" (snare and kick)?

Thanks in advance,

Juan

Hi Juan

When you receive the kit you get 3 x 10" Tom, 1 x 12" Snare, 1 x 14" Kick, 2 x 14" Cymbals and the hihat is 10".

With regards to the power supply, you will not be able to switch it, you would have to acquire a 120 V power supply (120/18VAC 560mA with a 2,1x5.5x11mm plug). That is the official response i got from 2box.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Scott

cabalestra

Quote from: Scottie on July 23, 2009, 10:02:40 AM
What I will say though, is that we received the new memory card yesterday with the latest OS (0.36) release and sounds, and i don't think anyone will be disappointed with the quality of sounds available at launch.

Well, Scottie, you will do us all a huge favour if you could upload a couple of mp3s of the launch drum sets! We are dying of curiosity here  ::)

barriteau

Quote from: Scottie on July 23, 2009, 10:26:18 AM
Quote from: barriteau on July 22, 2009, 11:14:59 PM

Thanks in advance,

Juan

Hi Juan

When you receive the kit you get 3 x 10" Tom, 1 x 12" Snare, 1 x 14" Kick, 2 x 14" Cymbals and the hihat is 10".

With regards to the power supply, you will not be able to switch it, you would have to acquire a 120 V power supply (120/18VAC 560mA with a 2,1x5.5x11mm plug). That is the official response i got from 2box.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Scott

Sure it helps, thanks a lot Scott, I'll stay around waiting for more pics  ;D

Scottie

Quote from: cabalestra on July 23, 2009, 11:07:50 AM
Quote from: Scottie on July 23, 2009, 10:02:40 AM

Well, Scottie, you will do us all a huge favour if you could upload a couple of mp3s of the launch drum sets! We are dying of curiosity here  ::)

Hi Cabalestra

Leave it with us, because we want to try and get a couple of bits together for you guys mp3 wise.

I have also found out that the cymbals mute function now features decay when pressed briefly. Which is a nice little feature  ;D

Scott

Remi

Hi Scotty,

When I buy a 2box set, I get the 3x10 and 1 12 inch?
If I want other sizes I have to add them to the default kit (which I already bought)
is it not possible to buy a kit with 2x 10 and 2x12 inch toms (for example)

TrommelTheo

Don´t care about, cause the prices for single Pads only show us, that other manufacturer has kidding us for years:

"You can order separate pads but they will not be available until after summer as we start with complete kits.

Price is TBA but we aim at

10 inch € 97:-

12 inch € 120:-

Cymbal: € 128:-

Regards

Bengt"

(from here:http://www.drummerforum.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=40438&pageNo=2)

Another very Big manacturer of E-Drums is selling his Drumset in his own country at about € 3.300,00, considering the Taxes, it must be € 1.000,00 cheaper here in Germany, in New Zealand I have seen prices about €8.800,00 for the same set *lol* OK, it´s a free Market, but i hate ppl how pay a few Cent for something and sell it for hundreds of Euros.
In my Opinion 2Box show us, how to make money (I hope so for 2Box  ;D) and selling very good stuff at fair prices! ;)

Theo

Alex

Hi Scott,

Can you tell me what the dimensions of the kit are once it is fully assembled and ready to play?

Need to plan where i'm going to keep mine and make more room if necessary.

Cheers.