News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Anyone got any questions? (Hand in Hand Distribution - UK)

Started by Scottie, July 17, 2009, 10:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HansT

Hi Scottie,

Hans here, joining you guys from Norway  :)
I've been playing on my Ddrum4se kit for some years now and consider to buy the new 2box kit (that in my opinion sounds better than any other electronic kit on the market today).

So, I have just a few questions:
1) Will there be any legs available for the bassdrumpad, so it can also be used without the rack in the future ?
2) I'm using my Ddrum mounted in a 19 inch rack (12 unit with mixer on top), so I only have to connect the trigger cables on live gigs while rest of the cables are hidden inside the rack. Can the 2box module be mounted in a 19 inch rack like Ddrum 4?

3) Can the 2box play standard midifiles and be used as a sequenser song player for connecting with external soundmodules?

4) Is the 2box compatible with roland pads and Ddrum pads/triggers?

Thanks !

Hans

Perico

Hi,
like others I'm waiting for reviews and tests about the kit from users.
Of course I would like to read more and more. :)
Do you think we gonna have soon the opportunity to read some review by a pro drummer in a forum, a website or even a magazine?
Thx.
Ps : and sorry for my english, I'm another french! :D

puttenvr

Perico

Hi Puttenvr!
I didn't want to offend anybody here. :)
I really don't know who's pro and who's not.
What is certain is that I'm not a pro! :)
All your reviews and feedbacks are very interesting.
Actually I wonder why there is not any review about the Drumit5 in any drums magazine. Is it too soon?
Otherwise I really like this kit (what I ear).
I hope I'll be able to buy one in October. (I live in Canada)

UC

Quote from: puttenvr on September 04, 2009, 07:23:11 AM
We are pro drummers, aren't we?  :-\
Speak for yourself ...I've only ever been paid for gigs in beer :)

I've been drumming for 22 years and geeking out with electronic music for 15, had my DDrum 4 for nearly 10 years...which is basically why I'm a bit fanatical about the drumit 5 :) It's much more than just a hobby though.

For me, and I'm guessing quite a lot of prospective 2box owners, drumming / making music is a love, not a career - by god though, I'm not saying you can't do both - and I'm truly jealous of anyone who does :D

puttenvr

I think the first reviews in music magazines will follow soon

For what they are worth...
Don't forget those magazines need to please advertisers and they generally don't have the opporunity to test a drumkit during a long period of time. We have.
So this forum, with all those different users, is much of much more value
Although it's sometimes difficult to distinguished opinions and facts.

wbrs

Scott, when the pads can be bought separately do you know if you can use the 14 in pads for snare or tom?

Scottie

Quote from: wbrs on September 08, 2009, 08:42:15 AM
Scott, when the pads can be bought separately do you know if you can use the 14 in pads for snare or tom?

Hey wbrs

There won't be any 14" snare and tom pads available on the next shipment. I'm not sure what the current status is on the larger pads, but i will ask the guys at 2box and let you know.

Thanks
Scott

ericndrum

Hello,
I am french and excuse me for my bad english ! I just have acquire my drum it five and i would like to know if a metronome is included in the kit, and if it exists how using it.
Thanks
Eric

HM

Hi Eric,
Scottie answered the metronome question earlier in this thread:

Quote from: Scottie on August 10, 2009, 02:33:25 PM

DrumIt Five doesn't have a click at the moment, but it will have in the update.

ericndrum

Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to save the modifications made in the mix page about the adjustment of the volumes. I believed that it was in the preference page when you put the save "on" or "auto" but it is not that. If I switch off and I come back it is like the first time.
Can someone help me ?
Thanks
Eric

Scottie

Quote from: ericndrum on September 10, 2009, 07:34:36 PM
Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to save the modifications made in the mix page about the adjustment of the volumes. I believed that it was in the preference page when you put the save "on" or "auto" but it is not that. If I switch off and I come back it is like the first time.
Can someone help me ?
Thanks
Eric

Hi Eric

Sorry i totally missed your post here. At the moment you can't save the settings on the mix page. I am just waiting to hear if this will be in the update.

Thanks
Scott

ericndrum

Hello,
I still have questions, can someone help me ?
1 - About the memory - It stays only 9% memory and I still did not had anything, I think that it will be a problem when I will want to had sounds or songs. Can someone tell me if I will have to delete data, that's what I don't want, or if it is possible to extend the memory ?
2 - About the songs - Can we put only wav or can we put mp3 or something else ?
3 - About the kits - For the moment, there are 100 different kits, I would like to make my own kits. Do I have to replace the existing ones or can I had some, 101, 102, ... If it is possible how can I do ?
Thank you for your help
Eric