News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Anyone got any questions? (Hand in Hand Distribution - UK)

Started by Scottie, July 17, 2009, 10:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottie

Quote from: Peter W on July 28, 2009, 08:08:24 PM
This is another request for audio or video demos of clean studio grooves. I still don't know if this kit has a full sound in the kick and snare and if the hi hat works well. This will determine for me whether to uyse VST's with my Yamaha kit or buy this kit.

Also,will this be in the US before 2010?

Peter

Hi Peter

There will be new media on the way, but we wanted to wait until we had the final production to do some more video's.
At the Musikmesse shows we had Janis Heftrich as our demonstrator, all the other videos posted are drummer's that came to the stand, and we asked if it was ok to take some video of them playing, for people to see and hear how the kit sounds. Tony Liotta was really taken with the kit, and offered to do a few shows for us which was a great honor.

Each step can be pretty long when you are starting a new company with a small team. I think 2box have been pretty open with people when it has come to different information. I know that Bengt has always given people the latest info at the time, when it came to shipping dates.

Unfortunately unforeseen development adjustments cropped up, which caused small delays. Companies like Roland, Yamaha and Alesis have all been around for quite some time, so they have multiple people in place to take care of different aspects of a products development cycle. As 2box grows as a company more people will be added to the team, so that things can be moved forward more rapidly.

As for the US i don't have a time frame for when the DrumIt Five will be available, simply because as you know things can change very quickly. I will assure you though that things are moving along, and hopefully we will be able to announce when the kit will ship soon.

I hope this maybe answers a few of your questions.

Many thanks
Scott

Kiabosh

Scottie,
Great news that the units have arrived.
Can you tell us how many? You did say that production is not at full capacity yet, does this mean that these things are still going to be hard to get hold of for some time yet?

wbrs

Do you know of any plans to add adat out in the future

Scottie

Quote from: wbrs on July 30, 2009, 07:45:43 PM
Do you know of any plans to add adat out in the future

Hi wbrs

There are no plans at the moment to add ADAT to this unit, and i don't ever see this happening in the future.
I will send this suggestion over to the guys at 2box, as this could be something for future products.

Thanks
Scott

drumbeats2003

Have to say, I'm surprised we're not getting a lot of user feedback on here about the kits.  So far all I can tell is they're more complex than expected, seems to be some sort of hi hat issue, have a noisy bass drum pad, but sound great thus far. Anyone know of any places that have a kit available that will ship to the US?

Also, I don't mean to cause trouble, but since ADAT is a dead format I don't think it necessary to include that interface.

puttenvr

Quote from: drumbeats2003 on August 03, 2009, 02:09:46 AMI'm surprised we're not getting a lot of user feedback on here about the kits.

There are only 2 lucky users with a kit
so what can we expect?

tom

Hey scottie,
today some further questions came up:
Have you already had a chance to check the MIDI functions of the drum brain?
Is it possible to play back a given sequence by sending it to the MIDI-In port while recording the MIDI-Events coming out of the MIDI-Out (by using an external sequencer device e.g. someones personal computer running a MIDI-recorder)? I need to know that since I'm currently working on a software program that should help to analyze the precision of one's playing (this could be especially useful for practising). Is MIDI-Thru always on or always off (the manual only sais "Thru is not functional")?

Thanks
Tom

Scottie

Hey Tom

I haven't had a chance to play around with the MIDI yet. So leave this with me and i will see what is possible for you.

Thanks
Scott

carlomagno

drumlt five sample rate 44.1khz 24 bits?
have a click?

wbrs

Quote from: drumbeats2003 on August 03, 2009, 02:09:46 AM
Have to say, I'm surprised we're not getting a lot of user feedback on here about the kits.  So far all I can tell is they're more complex than expected, seems to be some sort of hi hat issue, have a noisy bass drum pad, but sound great thus far. Anyone know of any places that have a kit available that will ship to the US?

Also, I don't mean to cause trouble, but since ADAT is a dead format I don't think it necessary to include that interface.
How is adat a dead interface? It is the most common way to send up to 8 channels of digital audio.

NeilC

Quote from: wbrs on August 09, 2009, 02:02:39 AM
Quote from: drumbeats2003 on August 03, 2009, 02:09:46 AM

How is adat a dead interface? It is the most common way to send up to 8 channels of digital audio.

I think the comment was referred as hardly anyone uses ADAT anymore, I think Hard Disk solutions have become the norm (cheper, easier to maintain etc) I think if anything, optical (SPDIF or Toslink) outs would be the way forward...

wbrs

I have 2 adat lightpipe in and outs on my RME fireface audio interface each will send and receive 8 channels of 24 bit digital audio. This isn't an adat digital tape machine it is a format for moving digital audio. I would like to move the 6 outs on the 2box module on one adat lightpipe cord to the adat lightpipe inputs on my RME fireface keeping it in the digital domain avoiding all the problems that you can get from noisy audio cables. If you've heard of the muse receptor besides an Ethernet connection they offer an adat out. If you had a digital mixer live wouldn't it be a lot better to have only 1 cable to send all 6 of the out puts from the 2box module to the board? If you wanted to keep signal in digital domain till it hit the converters in the end listeners playback divice you could .

Scottie

Quote from: carlomagno on August 08, 2009, 08:28:09 PM
drumlt five sample rate 44.1khz 24 bits?
have a click?

Hi carlomango

DrumIt Five doesn't have a click at the moment, but it will have in the update.

Thanks
Scott

wbrs

Scott, is there anything you can tell us about the rubber heads? Is there PS on them , what they will they cost,when they will be available etc?

Scottie

Hey wbrs

I will see if i can get an update from the guys at 2box.

Thanks
Scott