News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Anyone got any questions? (Hand in Hand Distribution - UK)

Started by Scottie, July 17, 2009, 10:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis182

TrommelTheo

Do you believe everything you´ll hear and read in the WWW??? I don´t trust things, i did not see, feel and hear by myself.
I ´ve read about optimized Hard- and Software for the now coming Drumit 5 Sets, do you trust this words?

So i ´ll test both, the optimized  :patbat2box: and the new DM 10 and then i´lll dicide what kind of Kit i´ll purchase!

Theo

Travis182

Theo it was simply a question, thats all.

But to be honest the reason i ask is, if the kit sounds better in real life (which i don't think it will) do you really think the likes of Alesis are going to post up bad demos? i don't think so.

Calm down bud, i don't blame you for trying both, at the end of the day it's all personal preference.

TrommelTheo

travis, sorry, you misunderstoud me, that should not get an angry Post  ;D I better put some smiles in it *lol*  ;)

Theo

nonoduweb

Hi...

Ok! I got the new update 1.0 and it seems to work correctly on my kit.  :D

What is the file format "dsnd", and how can we make our own samples library in the module? Is there a software to do that?

airdrummer

A store told me there's no software allows us to make our own kits yet.

Just have to wait...

yoyo

hello

In fact i dont find how use the charley with ez drummer (so by midi port) cause i had only one sound not close medium close open and foot step..i've rode every explaination i managed to do for cymbals (dom bow ect) but charley is different  and i dont understand pédal cc1 and cc4,what exactly there fonctionality?? how can i do to have the same pad fonction(i find how assigneted cross stik ) but not choke ffonction and all charley stuff..,can you help me ?(i read many time the book but nothing about that ..) .

secondly i would like to know if the modul is totaly fonctional?BEcause with my soound engineer stuff we dont managed to find how play en record the same i'd played we can read guitare pro tablatur with ez drummer associated with cubase no problem to signal..but when we recording midi signal (recording what im playing) there is no probleme latency is normal not so alarming but associated to ez drummer there 's big mistake of rythm in late some kick ive dont play,its seems EZDRUMMER dont try to read properly the midi signal recorded from 2box..we've try many manipulation but may be its simply coming from 2box module (may be a bad assignement of note but firstly everything dont coresponding to EZDRUMMER kit i mean kick from 2box =charley from ezdrummer ect...so i tried to change notes to correponding each elements between them...) so i"d tried my best but its was useless...and i need to recorded fastly in midi for a record.(every hardware is fonctiona:l pc,wires ,mixe table ,sound card ,m audio for midi cable ect)

an idéa?

UC

Salut Yoyo, bienvenue au forum :)

I think your post might be better in a new thread or answers might get lost!

Does ezdrummer respond okay to a midi keyboard? Is there latency?

yoyo

hi merci! well in fact i dont really now how this forum running so i post my question there...

yes ezdrummer is okay no latency or 4ms not much in fact when we just recording midi without ezdrummer midi signal is good no latency  could point out with cubase when im playing there no latency with what i am hearing (midi sound) when i play during recording but a least when we listening from cubase what i'v played there totaly another thing its seems had another hit stroke timing is not repected as if cubase was lagging only on the drums part..this is quite strange with my sound engineer we're still on it ..

UC

That does sound strange...I get nothing like that in BFD2.

Are you able to play the 2box drums via Midi

Have you tried any tools like MidiOx to see what messages / CCs are happening?

fishmonkey

is the timing between individual drum hits off, or are all the drum hits lagging by the same amount?

yoyo

in fact we found one of the problem ,that was an option that automatly change note to keep them out (cantification automatic) so we turn off and its ok but now we had a really seriously probleme with the mapage cause mapage is not good at all ez drummer and cubase dont have the same mapage we've tried to change in to box note (node section) but nothing is correct excepte kick  when i turn to 36  its ok we heard the kick on ezdrummer but there a big probleme with 3zone cymbale we only can atrubuate one only note (dom's note ) and its will declin the next note for bow and eidge but in ez mapage is eidge ,bow and dom .so its could not work ...any one solution to that pb??EXECPTE  change mappage of the both log :ezdrummer and cubase..BECOSE i dont know how to do that ,and more than this i dont think that s the software who had to change (change software mapage) for any of diferent e drum..?

yoyo

Quote from: UC on March 15, 2010, 12:01:17 PM
That does sound strange...I get nothing like that in BFD2.

Are you able to play the 2box drums via Midi

Have you tried any tools like MidiOx to see what messages / CCs are happening?

I DONT  try midi ox ,but what for just to see what is the mapage?

yoyo

ANY ONE  could explain what the diference between CC1 et CC4 for the charleston i never managed to have an open hit hat sound and and foot hit and close hit hat sound in midi ..

ShanMac

Hi,

My name is Shannon and I am from Australia. 

After tons of research comparing Yamaha, Alesis, Roland, Pearl (epro live) and 2Box, I am now at the point of purchasing a kit.  I have spent the last 10 years playing the Roland gear and am now ready to venture to the dark side!!!!

I have narrowed my selection to the Yamaha DTX950 and 2Box Drumit Five for the reason that you are able to easily download your own samples into the brain.  The 2Box is the obvious choice for this reason, but I do have the following questions:

1.     I hear the rack is moderately unstable.  Will the hardware clamps etc transfer to a Roland rack?  Has anyone done this?  How does the kick trigger and module mount?
2.     Does the module allow you to apply effects/compression etc to the samples once downloaded?  If I have to apply effects to the original samples, then reverbs etc would not sound natural as they would be retriggered.
3.     Is it a one-shot trigger per sample or new sample with each trigger?  Can I select a trigger option?
4.     Polyphony?  how many notes and will it cut off samples?
5.     Not much has been said around the electronic sound banks.  The acoustic sounds I have heard are quite impressive, but are there many electronic sounds (808, 909.....but not cheesy car horns)
6.     Anyone on this  forum from Australia?  If you don't mind me asking, what price range did you pay?

I am sure a 2Box forum will help me get over the final hurdles.

Thanks
Shannon