News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box or roland td-12

Started by drummer81, November 04, 2009, 07:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roel

Quote from: micke on November 23, 2009, 10:00:01 AM
i sold them 2 days ago, I was still trying to answer the question "2box or roland td-12". i guess i have to motivate my answer, witch i did
so if i prefer roland, let me say that!

shame and I am still a long time waithing to get my 2box I can't wait !!!!
almost december :rock: yeaah baby!
I wanna say to you guys you've did a good job with this 2box forum I loving it!

Calimero

If you don't want to wait anymore,you might want to check ebay.de

roel

Remi

Quote from: roel on December 02, 2009, 06:34:48 PM
Quote from: Calimero on November 23, 2009, 06:29:10 PM
let's look at today,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wTcHCaI4Bw

6000 euro's!!! or 3 2boxes!!! :rock:
almost second delivery time can't wait.

Don't forget, You get a lot of steel for it  ;D

TrommelTheo

Yes, but Steel is cheaper than Aluminium, and the new 14" Bass-Drum KD 20000 Pounds from roland hasa weight of 20000 Pounds!!! it´s more heavy than a Sonor 22" Signature BassDrum (if you ever have been the unlucky Boy who has to carry this  :rock:)

Theo

AND Roland sucks!!!

rythm

Hi everyone, don´t know if this the right place but I´d like to share me thoughts, and maybe get some valuable points back - excuse me for this long post.

I´ve had a TD-12, and now own a TD-20. I use the kit for gigging and the main problem with Roland kits is that what sounds good in your phones at home sounds ery tiny and a bit plastic on stage. The trigger well, are of good quality and have numerous setting possibilities. But they sound a bit lame IMO - even with add-on-kits.

So, having owned ddrum before I belive the right path is to go for real sampled sounds, which means Drumit. I´ve read bout some issues here and hope they get fixed soon.

However I´ve had the chance to try two Drumit kits a couple of times for a couple of hours and so far it´s the best kit for the money, even compared to the more expensive TD-12. The rack that bothers some didn´t move when played on. The hi-hat could be a bit better but still was okay. Overall the kit feels and sound very good.

If someone here has tried the kit live with a decent PA I´d would appreciate our opinions.

Thanks for your patience...

puttenvr

Hi

Webfox did. I translated his German review somewhere on this forum but at this moment I can't find it.

The problemen with vdrums is the processed sounds. If you run them through a PA they start to sound plastic since the sound system adds a colour to something that is already coloured. With the ddrums and 2box sets the sounds are unprocessed and they get their final colour on the sound system. Like with acoustic drums.

roel

Quote from: wbrs on November 23, 2009, 10:57:50 AM
Micke while your over there say hi to Amonlyin and Jmam for me.

lol :rock:

UC

sorry to get heavy handed but this thread was getting silly. Please feel free to PM me if you're angry about your post getting axed, but let's try not to troll eh?