News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box or roland td-12

Started by drummer81, November 04, 2009, 07:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micke

ok... so you think its ok to have a "semiworking" drumkit because you payed less? dont forgett that we are still talking about 2000euro.

westerlu77

Come on Micke! If you complain all the time, why don't you sell it right now! I don't think any product in the world will satisfy all drummers.

roel

Quote from: westerlu77 on November 22, 2009, 09:27:59 PM
Come on Micke! If you complain all the time, why don't you sell it right now! I don't think any product in the world will satisfy all drummers.

yes man go buy you a roland set and loose the 2box.you don't have faith in the 2box drum-it five!
they are still working on a great product it you ask me! sure not all of the hardware is great but at least give them a chance...

micke

ok,
Firstly, I thought this was a forum, not a 2box tribute site. In a forum you discuss perks and cons of a product. In my case, since i have been having problems i've been complaining. the topic here is "2box or roland td-12", right? That is a question as far as i know... my answer to that question is pretty obvious by now.
I said erlier that i do think that this is a potentional great product but its not there yet, that to me means that i do have faith in the kit, i just dont feel like waiting, i want to play and record drums!

westerlu77

What I mean is that you talking all the time about selling the drums! Stop wasting your time on 2Box I should say! When you describe that you don't have time to wait for improvements from 2Box, the bad drums and so on, I think you have answered your question yourself.
What you need to know is that advanced products has almost always child-disease in some way.
If you want to play and record drums, I should say that it not so smart to buy a totally new product..
I'm pretty sure that Roland had some problems with different things when they released V-drums?

wbrs

Micke if your satisfied with that Roland sound go for it.

roel

Quote from: micke on November 22, 2009, 10:35:29 PM
ok,
Firstly, I thought this was a forum, not a 2box tribute site. In a forum you discuss perks and cons of a product. In my case, since i have been having problems i've been complaining. the topic here is "2box or roland td-12", right? That is a question as far as i know... my answer to that question is pretty obvious by now.
I said erlier that i do think that this is a potentional great product but its not there yet, that to me means that i do have faith in the kit, i just dont feel like waiting, i want to play and record drums!

nobody wants to wait,this is a completely new product.and they are a small company so we must give them some time.

icesurf3r

Quote from: micke on November 22, 2009, 06:43:53 PM
there no machine gunning effects on the roland td12-20 kits, have you even tried it?

If I hadn't tried it I wouldn't have posted the comment, and by tried it I don't mean a quick half hour bash on a showroom floor either.  Some of my best friends who are semi professional percusionists own these drum kits, and they agree about machine gunning even with interval control. Plus if you take the time to read over on the vdrum forum, even owners there talk about machine gunning on their td12 - td20 kits.

So unfortunately, from my own experience, the experience of other percusionists and the experience of td12 & td20 owners on the vdrum forum, we're going to have to disagree with you on that one.

As for the problems, I would expect any new MAJOR product in the electronic world to have some teething difficulties this early in the product lifecycle. As has been mentioned even v-drums had their share of teething problems when they were fresh on the scene, and probably yamaha did too.  The main thing with 2-box is we have 2 great guys on the forum, Scottie and UC who are taking all our little niggles and newly discovered irregularities with this kit, relaying them to Bengt, who is taking it all on board and working on fixes for them.

Now that to me is great product support, and from the problems Scottie has sorted out hardware wise, great customer support too.

All I can say is keep up the good work guys.

Micke, at the end of the day it's your choice over the kit. Everyone is different.  Someone very wise once said something like "You can please some of the people all the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time!!"

So if the TD-12 is what does it for you then go for it, I do know that roland are very good midi triggers.  ;D

Apologies for the long post guys!!!  ::)

micke

if i get you right: if you buy a newly developed product you should expect problems. If that was the case, i feel sorry for the people sitting in a eg. brand new car or bought them selves a new burgler alarm.

Dr.Wu

if i was expecting problems i surely wouldnt have bought it.

westerlu77

My advice is:Stop wasting time on 2Box if you not satisfied with them. 

micke

i sold them 2 days ago, I was still trying to answer the question "2box or roland td-12". i guess i have to motivate my answer, witch i did
so if i prefer roland, let me say that!

wbrs

Micke while your over there say hi to Amonlyin and Jmam for me.

wbrs

Quote from: Dr.Wu on November 23, 2009, 09:12:51 AM
if i was expecting problems i surely wouldnt have bought it.
And is that why you didn't.