News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box or roland td-12

Started by drummer81, November 04, 2009, 07:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

For me the 2Box triggers very good. Even the hihat behaves decently.
The hihat can be improved, but I wouldn't use words like CRAP or THE TRIGGERING DOESN'T WORK
That simply is not true

micke

it triggers allrirght... but it triggers weird and uneven. offcorse when you hit a pad it triggers and sounds like a drum. but it´s the feel of it. i said erlier that the toms and snare works like a charm, but since i play the hihat alllllot and it triggers like it had a life of its own (not dubbeltriggering, changes in samples and volume)... i still cant get a clean recording out of it! and offcorse im comparing it to my erlier rolandkits since that is the onlt e-drums ive used before.

westerlu77

I must ask about that fact that many people complain about the hihat and that it not work as it should. What is the problem and is it that the most of them has not calibrate it right? How much difference makes a real hihatstand to this issue? It will be really interesting to see when 1.0 comes and if it helps. Please comment that as soon as possbile. I'm not an owner to 2Box yet. In december I will get my kit:)

micke

i have tried all the calibrating there is... i am using a ironcobra leverglide hihatstand.
the problems are: (for me anyway)
the hihat triggers loudly when i let go of the hihatpedal,
The hihat triggers very uneven in volume when struck repetedly with the same force.
it is near impossible to get halfopened sound.

a mix of these issues makes the hihat very, very poor to play

westerlu77

But this type of problem must be gone I guess soon. If not Roland does have this type of problem I can't imagine that it not will be fixed soon, maybe already today with a software update.

micke

melsbro

This is indeed something that sounds to me like a software problem. Not a problem with the hardware.
One of the neat things about this kit is that the software is easily update- and upgradable as I understand it, so this hi-hat problem doesn't really worry me.

According to the site, the update did change the hi-hat behaviour, so let's hope they fixed it already :).

drummer81

My kit:2Box
Pedal:Pearl eliminator twin pedal
Throne:Mapex with backrest gibraltar
Headphones:Sony

:)

puttenvr

roel

Quote from: drummer81 on November 18, 2009, 08:23:23 PM
My kit:2Box
Pedal:Pearl eliminator twin pedal
Throne:Mapex with backrest gibraltar
Headphones:Sony

:)

great pictures I can't wait to get my 2box!

Scottie

Nice one drummer81. Did you manage to update the Unit in the end?

Scott

TrommelTheo

Roland TD- Series COSM-Technology is  Technic from the 90´s, their mention isn´t ready to arrive in the 21st Century.
To sell a Kit for more than 6.000 Euros without the possibility of a little bit open spurce, using samples or an usb-connection is like a blody Fist in our (the customers) face that tell us:
"it doesn´t interest us, what you want, buy what we produce and shutup'!"

Theo

melsbro

I agree TrommelTheo, Roland's present kits are just outdated imho. Doesn't really look like they were trying to make things better for a long time, allthough I think they will probably start doing that now.

@ drummer81: Nice pictures. How does playing with those double bass pedals feel on the kit?

roel

Quote from: melsbro on November 21, 2009, 10:14:26 PM
I agree TrommelTheo, Roland's present kits are just outdated imho. Doesn't really look like they were trying to make things better for a long time, allthough I think they will probably start doing that now.

@ drummer81: Nice pictures. How does playing with those double bass pedals feel on the kit?

strange that he has only changed the bassdrumpedal to a double,why not using another hihatstand?

puttenvr

The technique on the Roland kits is NOT outdated at all. It's a best of both worlds between sampling and synth technique: modeling.
The point is that the Roland sounds are bad (esp the toms), their dynamics lame and the kits way, way overprized
But their technique is good