News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box or roland td-12

Started by drummer81, November 04, 2009, 07:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummer81

hello from Greece to your cool forum!!!i have a roland td-12 and i think to give it cause i wanna buy a 2box.
but as i read here this one (2box) has a problem with hi-hat and kick drum pad.
What do you think about it?Does the kick of 2box make a lot of noise cause i live in a building with many appartments and i don't want to be annoying for the other tenants?i want to order it as soon as possible, however this noise matter is an issue. what do you suggest?

please answer me as soon as possible

thank you Sakis...

puttenvr

People say that the 2Box mesh headed pads make less noise than pads from other companies. Problems with the hihat will be solved. At this moment the Roland is better on that (single) point but you have to like their plastic tom sounds and louzy dynamics.

wbrs

Maybe the rubber heads will be quieter.

roel

Quote from: wbrs on November 04, 2009, 08:27:32 PM

No its not, I had a roland td12 and the thing that I don't like: the small pads,the bad dynamics, and the sounds.
when I played @ the 2box the sounds are blowing me away and the pads /cymbals are bigger.The hihatstand /rack that comes with the drumit five is a joke.

Travis182

Quote from: roel on November 04, 2009, 08:59:40 PM
Quote from: wbrs on November 04, 2009, 08:27:32 PM

No its not, I had a roland td12 and the thing that I don't like: the small pads,the bad dynamics, and the sounds.
when I played @ the 2box the sounds are blowing me away and the pads /cymbals are bigger.The hihatstand /rack that comes with the drumit five is a joke.

I think thats a little harsh to be honest! For them to bring out a whole kit with stands and pedals for that price is bloody good!. Personally i would much rather have the 2box stand over the TD9 especially, that thing feels like your sitting at a toy. I honestly don't see why people have such a problem with the rack unless they have set it up wrong. From all there videos the thing doesn't move. I believe it's all a perception of the way the rack looks, the fact that it might look unsteady makes people believe it is, when it really isn't.

wbrs

Roel have you tried the 2box rubber heads?

roel

Quote from: wbrs on November 04, 2009, 11:10:23 PM
Roel have you tried the 2box rubber heads?

I've had rubber heads on my roland td6 and they make more noise than the meshheads.
So I think the rubber heads for the drumit five also.

Dr.Wu

The kickdrum on the 2box is a LOT noisier than the KD-8 from Roland. Unacceptable for playing in an appartment.
And the fact that it is connected to the rack is a very bad idea too because each kick hit shakes the whole thing and literally forces the kit to move around the room after a while.
Ever since i changed to the KD-8 i am much happier with the Drumit5.
Next up is the cymbalstands. I am still waiting for a replacement of the broken one and thinking about buying a real seperate one to avoid crosstriggering. Right now hitting the toms almost always triggers one of the cymbals. Tried all kinds of settings but when i adjust the cymbal so it doesnt trigger from the toms it is way to unsensitive for regular playing.

Calimero

Looking by the dates of your posts ,you are waiting for 2 months now on a replacment cymbal?
:(

edit: oops,you are talking about the cymbal-stand,I thought you ment the cymbal-pad.

Scottie

Quote from: Dr.Wu on November 05, 2009, 07:45:36 AM
The kickdrum on the 2box is a LOT noisier than the KD-8 from Roland. Unacceptable for playing in an appartment.
And the fact that it is connected to the rack is a very bad idea too because each kick hit shakes the whole thing and literally forces the kit to move around the room after a while.
Ever since i changed to the KD-8 i am much happier with the Drumit5.
Next up is the cymbalstands. I am still waiting for a replacement of the broken one and thinking about buying a real seperate one to avoid crosstriggering. Right now hitting the toms almost always triggers one of the cymbals. Tried all kinds of settings but when i adjust the cymbal so it doesnt trigger from the toms it is way to unsensitive for regular playing.

Hi Dr.Wu

Did you contact Hyperactive to get a replacement cymbal stand out for you?

Thanks
Scott

Dr.Wu

my dealer did-but said they are not available.
the cymbalpad was broken too and i waited a long time for a replacement too but then i gave it a shot and repaired it myself.
but as i said-i will probably buy 2 extra stands for the cymbals to prevent sympathetic triggering when i play the toms.

puttenvr

Are you a hard hitter, or do you lack some luck with this 2Box kit?

Dr.Wu

The cymbalstand broke off when i tried to unscrew the pad for examination. Its the material of the cymbal arms that is very weak.
The cable inside the pad was broken because of a manufacturing error. The metal block was applying pressure to one cable and in combination with hitting it it broke the cable after a while. I shortened the broken part and resoldered the rest-now its ok. Regarding the sympathetic crosstrigering-even my wife can hit the toms and hear additional cymbaltriggers-doesnt take a hard hitter. Its a problem of having all the pads connected to the same rack. I had that same problem with my former TD kit. If i set the threshold high enough to prevent that i cant play any soft dynamics on the cymbalpads.

roel

Quote from: Dr.Wu on November 08, 2009, 10:03:23 AM
The cymbalstand broke off when i tried to unscrew the pad for examination. Its the material of the cymbal arms that is very weak.
The cable inside the pad was broken because of a manufacturing error. The metal block was applying pressure to one cable and in combination with hitting it it broke the cable after a while. I shortened the broken part and resoldered the rest-now its ok. Regarding the sympathetic crosstrigering-even my wife can hit the toms and hear additional cymbaltriggers-doesnt take a hard hitter. Its a problem of having all the pads connected to the same rack. I had that same problem with my former TD kit. If i set the threshold high enough to prevent that i cant play any soft dynamics on the cymbalpads.

O man I stlll hear more problems with the drumit five set, its real china poop if you ask me.

puttenvr

If you read what you want to read: yes