News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Next ship for 2Box

Started by westerlu77, October 27, 2009, 02:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westerlu77

I really wonder when next ship will come, Thomann store says that it will come 29 october and I spoked to a studiomagazine and they announced that they would have an review out in 29 sept.They have still not get a testkit..What kind of problem does 2Box have?

Tristan

Just heard in the UK that it will be early December!  Aaaargh!

westerlu77

Yep. First or second week of December. I talked to Bengt so this is first information.

HM

I was so afraid of this. I'm sad and very disappointed. But still, it will be so much better than TD-9 and I will get my 2box when it is available. It's just that I don't enjoy waiting.

melsbro

Quote from: westerlu77 on October 30, 2009, 09:52:32 PM
Yep. First or second week of December. I talked to Bengt so this is first information.

Is that for all of Europe or just for the UK?

UC

I think it's all of Europe...Looks like my kids will get an extra month of attention from their Dad

...In the meantime I'm getting some mesh heads and a can of orange paint for my DD4 :D

ber0ni

All GREAT things are worth waiting ;)

hwasser

Dude, I doesnt own the drumit five, but u promised the people who bought it the version 1.0 in the end of oktober. I understand that there is a delay, cause more and more buggs is reported which has to be fixed, but for good will i think you should release a version 0.9 or something this week if you're not done soon! :)

patbat

Does anybody know why exactly it's delayed ?

Is it a hardware problem in China ?
Or a software problem in Sweden ?

Where is Scott ?

UC

Quote from: hwasser on November 02, 2009, 09:17:43 AM
Dude, I doesnt own the drumit five, but u promised the people who bought it the version 1.0 in the end of oktober. I understand that there is a delay, cause more and more buggs is reported which has to be fixed, but for good will i think you should release a version 0.9 or something this week if you're not done soon! :)

I'm no 2box employee so I can't do much to help on that score - any dates I've posted up here have been given to me by 2box themselves. They're a small company achieving amazing goals that a huge organisation like Roland can't reach. Cut them some slack :)

I feel your pain though, I don't have my kit yet either and I've bothered the good people at Wembley Drum Centre repeatedly over the last few months, playing on their shop floor kit. I was in there this weekend, and I spent a bit more time on the TD9, TD20 and the Yamaha DTX, and I honestly can't imagine ever buying one of those.

The very latest kits that are in same sort of price range are in my opinion, not as good as the DD4 that I've had for over 10 years. I wouldn't trade my DD4 for a TD20 unless you threw in a whole heap of other stuff.

...So that's why I'm happy to wait for Drumit 5, it's the DDrum 5 I always wanted :)

Calimero

Quote from: UC on November 02, 2009, 01:15:35 PM

The very latest kits that are in same sort of price range are in my opinion, not as good as the DD4 that I've had for over 10 years. I wouldn't trade my DD4 for a TD20 unless you threw in a whole heap of other stuff.

...So that's why I'm happy to wait for Drumit 5, it's the DDrum 5 I always wanted :)

Which shows how good of a product the dd4 was.The question is though,what makes you convinced that the 2box will blow away the dd4?

puttenvr

UC

Quote from: Calimero on November 02, 2009, 02:13:04 PM
Which shows how good of a product the dd4 was.The question is though,what makes you convinced that the 2box will blow away the dd4?

It's the quality of the sounds, the current  (and promised) functionality of the brain, and the feel and triggering of the pads that have sold me. Oh and the colour scheme :)

The rest I can happily live with...and I look forward to seeing how much they'll improve things like the feel of the hi-hat through software updates.

I guess I'm lucky in that I'll be able to combine my current setup with the new kit, and create an e-monster  :animal:

If I was just starting out or switching from acoustics and had £1600 in my pocket....I think I would still go for the Drumit 5, or try and pickup a second hand DD4 SE. I want something I can treat a bit rough that will still love me in the morning :D

puttenvr

wbrs