News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

hihat calibration video

Started by roel, October 19, 2009, 06:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roel

here is a video how to calibrate your drumit five hihat I just found it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5PfoSgpCoE

puttenvr

Great, but what if u don't have a tatoo on your arm like in the video ? :rock:  ;)

UC

I've got a permanent marker pen you can borrow  :animal:

myz1235

SPAM DELETED

hwasser

puttenvr

Perhaps they post a new video with all the new hihat calibration possibilities soon

Alex

Could some kind gentleman/lady post the instructions for setting up the hi-hat out of the box? Had to have mine replaced and it isn't sounding right at the moment - very hard to get half open sound.

Thanks

orly

I find that :

Maybe it can help you.

Deve Loper

Hi.

Wrong / old video.

Step 1: Select the hihat by pressing the HIHAT button. Then press the UNIT button and browse with PAGE-DOWN to the TRIG page. On the display you will now see the trigger settings for the hihat. Press the DATA button above Pedal to start the calibration. Calib PedDn appears.

Step 2: Loosen the hihat cymbal pad and let it slide down and rest on the hihat receiver without applying any pressure. Press the DATA button once more. Calib PedUp appears.

Step 3: Now fix the hihat cymbal at a comfortable playing height. Press the DATA button to finalize the calibration. Calib Done appears if an acceptable open to closed range is detected. Otherwise Calib Void appears indicating that no changes have been made. If this message appears please start over from Step 1 again.

Step 4: Press the UNIT button and then the DATA button above Save to store the new settings. If save is disabled (the ? after Save remains), browse to the PREF page with PAGE-DOWN and set the Save parameter to On. Then press the UNIT button and the DATA button above Save. Press the KIT button to return to kit mode.

Please be aware that the calibrated pedal up position should be the point where the sound just becomes the open hihat sound. You might want to mount the hihat cymbal pad even higher after calibration, depending on your playing style.

fishmonkey

to be extra clear, steps 1+2 should be done without your foot on the pedal.

in my opinion, the best way to do step 3 is to loosen the hihat, and press the pedal down, rather than lifting the cymbal by hand. that way you get a better feel for how far the travel is for your foot.

i think the response is more natural if you also raise the hihat a little further after you have completed the calibration, so that there is a range of travel that corresponds to "fully open".

once you understand how the calibration works, it is very quick and easy to try different settings until you find a setup that works best for you.

roel

Quote from: Deve Loper on April 14, 2010, 06:18:01 PM
Hi.

Wrong / old video.

Step 1: Select the hihat by pressing the HIHAT button. Then press the UNIT button and browse with PAGE-DOWN to the TRIG page. On the display you will now see the trigger settings for the hihat. Press the DATA button above Pedal to start the calibration. Calib PedDn appears.

Step 2: Loosen the hihat cymbal pad and let it slide down and rest on the hihat receiver without applying any pressure. Press the DATA button once more. Calib PedUp appears.

Step 3: Now fix the hihat cymbal at a comfortable playing height. Press the DATA button to finalize the calibration. Calib Done appears if an acceptable open to closed range is detected. Otherwise Calib Void appears indicating that no changes have been made. If this message appears please start over from Step 1 again.

Step 4: Press the UNIT button and then the DATA button above Save to store the new settings. If save is disabled (the ? after Save remains), browse to the PREF page with PAGE-DOWN and set the Save parameter to On. Then press the UNIT button and the DATA button above Save. Press the KIT button to return to kit mode.

Please be aware that the calibrated pedal up position should be the point where the sound just becomes the open hihat sound. You might want to mount the hihat cymbal pad even higher after calibration, depending on your playing style.

Will There come a new video for calibration of the hihat (os v1.10)?