News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Mark Drum

Started by GenuineHuman, January 19, 2012, 08:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murgen

Quote from: digitalDrummer on December 09, 2012, 11:48:33 PM
I don't think the RJ11 approach will be a problem. They are really short cords and easily replaced.
And I also don't think they'll face any patent issues - especially since they're distributed in the US by one of the biggest retailers, Guitar Center.

Replacement is not my worry, I'm more worried about the RJ-jackets on top of the bars. They are bound to be clotted with dirt, beer and everything else someone encounters while onstage.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Murgen

Review in Dutch Slagwerkkrant.

Interesting is that the reviewer mentions the delay in the unit and states that you will only notice when the set is placed next to other kits.  :o

Also the open character is mentioned because of the SD-card, accessible from the outside, contains the samples. Why not add that there is no convertor software and that the pads and unit are fully propriety.

The hihat has no edge trigger and the kick is like the old Roland construction. Been there, done that.

Anyhow: nice review, however reading it the Mark is not my cup of tea.
--------

Murgen

Yesterday I was at Bax-shop in Goes, the Netherlands where they have all e-kits in the Market on display and hooked up for a try. Also the Mark and it is more like a toy then a professional kit. Lots of plastic and I was not impressed. Does not seem it can survive a gig and DIY is harder because of that propriety rail in the tubes. IMHO no serious competition for 2Box.
--------

digitalDrummer

I have been trying to find out what's happening with Mark Drum. They were not at NAMM this year - Roland patent issues - and don't seem to have done anything new for ages. They may have decided it's not worth pushing any more.

Murgen

Quote from: digitalDrummer on September 01, 2014, 01:59:30 AM
I have been trying to find out what's happening with Mark Drum. They were not at NAMM this year - Roland patent issues - and don't seem to have done anything new for ages. They may have decided it's not worth pushing any more.

Could be, the only way to get a position in the market is to operate in the low end or in a niche. Low end is imho saturnated by cheap and 2nd hand kits (< $600) and the niche is taken by 2Box at the moment. Just like DDrum 3/4 in the past. Nothing has changed.
--------

Hellfire

Quote from: digitalDrummer on September 01, 2014, 01:59:30 AM

I was wondering the same thing. On a side note. I did notice that the MarkBass Electronic Drum Kit (as it was called on MF website just a few weeks ago) was available for about 1-1/2 weeks at the start of August. It went pretty much unnoticed and is now gone from the Musician's Friend website. The only thing left from the sales webpage is this small thumbnail image (directly from Musician's Friend's own web servers):

Update: Found one more image from MF's website. It's a little larger:

digitalDrummer

Love the levitating module!

Murgen

--------

roel

I have this kit at home and I must say its a great kit! it souds awesome and it plays very good.
hihat triggering is better then 2box, i like the pads very happy with the set!