News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2Box at NAMM 2012 this week!

Started by Jman, January 16, 2012, 03:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

The old ddrum pads had a piezo glued to an alluminium plate, with foam and a real drumhead on top.
As far as I remember, they had positional sensing, so it's not a Roland exclusive feature.

And - if I remember correctly - Bengt once said that positional sensing would be possible with the 2Box rubber heads. Perhaps the software needs to be adapted.
Deve?

Jman

OK, so No .... no current plans for Pos. Sensing .. it could be possible with center mounted piezo, but not in the works afaik ... Got some good time in talking to Blake at the 2Box booth ... and Bengt...

I can tell you one thing guys .... with what you can do with custom dsnds on the 2Box module ... it is pretty hard to touch the sound quality.... I was all over the electronic edrums at NAMM ... and after building my own custom dsnds and referring back each night .... there is nothing out there (for me) even with more bells and whistles that will drag me in another direction....

Bengt knows my face pretty well by now ;D ;)

There were whispers of 12GB capacity stock in the future ... not completely clear on that as to whether we are talking about a more compressed format...... dunno.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Jman

roel

Quote from: Jman on January 21, 2012, 08:44:10 PM
OK, so No .... no current plans for Pos. Sensing .. it could be possible with center mounted piezo, but not in the works afaik ... Got some good time in talking to Blake at the 2Box booth ... and Bengt...

I can tell you one thing guys .... with what you can do with custom dsnds on the 2Box module ... it is pretty hard to touch the sound quality.... I was all over the electronic edrums at NAMM ... and after building my own custom dsnds and referring back each night .... there is nothing out there (for me) even with more bells and whistles that will drag me in another direction....

Bengt knows my face pretty well by now ;D ;)

There were whispers of 12GB capacity stock in the future ... not completely clear on that as to whether we are talking about a more compressed format...... dunno.

We allready have 32GB SDHC cards.

nonoduweb

Quote from: Jman on January 21, 2012, 08:44:10 PM
OK, so No .... no current plans for Pos. Sensing ...

Thank you for the report, Jerry.
Bad news....It's the only thing missing in the kit.
Currently there are not so many nuances on a pad while the system of layers could allow an expressivity never reached. If it is necessary to buy a roland pad to be able to make that it's not a problem, I prefer that instead of buying a td20 module and connect it to the 2box module.

Have you seen the td30 at namm?

Jman

Quote from: nonoduweb on January 22, 2012, 11:09:22 AM
Thank you for the report, Jerry.
Bad news....It's the only thing missing in the kit.
Currently there are not so many nuances on a pad while the system of layers could allow an expressivity never reached. If it is necessary to buy a roland pad to be able to make that it's not a problem, I prefer that instead of buying a td20 module and connect it to the 2box module.

Have you seen the td30 at namm?

On my own kit I do have center mount piezo for the head. So with a new OS with Pos Sensing I'd be set.

I did see and play the new Roland kit. Honestly it plays incredible as far as triggering/response, playability, changing sounds, ambience, overhead mics, reverb ... on the fly... You can take one kit and completely change it in almost every aspect ... Room size, dryer sound, wet sound, shell sizes .... on the fly, almost instantly ......  and it sounds better than the TD-20SX.

I'll answer the question before it is even asked........ Despite the Bells and Whistles .... I will not be abandoning ship ..... I love my current setup! And I know the incredible high quality sampled sounds it can use and reproduce  .... 8)

Jman

Quote from: roel on January 22, 2012, 07:57:48 AM
We allready have 32GB SDHC cards.

Yes, but we are bad, bad, rebellious children! ;D ;)

edtc

Quote from: Jman on January 22, 2012, 04:24:33 PM
Room size, dryer sound, wet sound,  .... on the fly, almost instantly ...... 

I'll answer the question before it is even asked........ Despite the Bells and Whistles .... I will not be abandoning ship ..... I love my current setup! And I know the incredible high quality sampled sounds it can use and reproduce  .... 8)

if you need those , it s cheaper for you to pick one second hand dual effect processor , even a good one like TC-ELECTRONIC M2OOO , and set a room  amb + a long reverb using your mixers sends ....
you can find some for 300 bucks ... lot less than a TD30 module

roel

Quote from: Jman on January 22, 2012, 04:24:33 PM
On my own kit I do have center mount piezo for the head. So with a new OS with Pos Sensing I'd be set.

I did see and play the new Roland kit. Honestly it plays incredible as far as triggering/response, playability, changing sounds, ambience, overhead mics, reverb ... on the fly... You can take one kit and completely change it in almost every aspect ... Room size, dryer sound, wet sound, shell sizes .... on the fly, almost instantly ......  and it sounds better than the TD-20SX.

Where can we buy these incredible high quality (SDND) sample sounds?

puttenvr

Roel, tell me ... are you really happy with the 2Box?

First it was the need for better hardware
then you almost daily asked for spareparts
then a 32 gb card
then the Yamaha PHX kit
now incredible high quality (SDND) sample sounds ...

My band never requested me to use anything of that all
Only a better voice ;-)

edtc

Quote from: roel on January 22, 2012, 07:06:40 PM
Where can we buy these incredible high quality (SDND) sample sounds?

Nowhere.... exept if someone who has SD2 sell them on the black market ....

it takes time , but if you want some , i m affraid you ll have to ger Superior drummer , or some drum library and get them converted youself with the editor ....

Slap did a long topic on those library ....

edtc