News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Rack size...

Started by Marto, January 23, 2012, 05:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marto

Hi guys.

I am seriously considering the DrumIt Five for my first electronic drum kit.  However, it's floor foot print is on the large size for the cramped place I have for it.  Since it will be placed in a corner, it's 40 inches rear rack bars are too large.

Please don't kill (read "flame" here) me for asking this, but I would like to know if those bars can be cut.  :-[  I mean, at the bar end's, there is like an adapter for holding the vertical rack bars.  Can this be removed, the bar cuts and the adapter re-installed?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer me.   ;)

puttenvr

Not on the MK1 version since those horizontal bars have holes in them where the rack-legs go through.
The MK2 rack seems to be a normal rack so it can be shortened.

Marto

Oh sorry my fault.  Forgot to mention I was referring to the MK2.

I apologize.   ???

Thanks for answering puttenvr.   ;)

Yeah, an educated guess tells me that if those end adapter can be removed, then the bar can easily be cut and the adapter be installed back.

Anyone else can confirm this?   ::)

edtc

hi...

if you want my 2 cent , i think it would be more clever to buy an extra "generic" rack pipe , and cut it like you want....

then your kit would be intact and dont lose any value if you resell it later ..

http://www.thomann.de/fr/dixon_rackstange_75cm.htm

Marto

edct:  You are perfectly right.  However, I'm wondering if what I'm asking for can easily be done...   :-\

GenuineHuman

It can be done on the MK2 rack with no problems. End adapters can be removed easily, you can cut the pipe however you want and refit the adapters.

Marto

Quote from: GenuineHuman on January 25, 2012, 11:02:53 AM
It can be done on the MK2 rack with no problems. End adapters can be removed easily, you can cut the pipe however you want and refit the adapters.

Thanks GenuineHuman, exactly what I wanted to hear...   ;)