News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New 2 2BOX - My DIY Sonor kit pics

Started by RockStarGate, January 08, 2012, 07:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockStarGate

Hello all, I've been a member here for a little while and just ordered a 2BOX module last weekend  :rock: still waiting for it... ???
I thought I'd post some pics of my DIY kit I built with my Roland module.
My kit is in storage for another month or so until I move so I won't be able to play with the new module but I do have my snare with me so I can at least learn the module and build my kits.

Manfred

Wow, what a big drum set  :rock:

Do you plan to use 1 or 2 modules for all the drums and cymbals?

Regards, Manfred

Jman

Nice Kit! ..... Yeah, size wise, you'll have to sacrifice something from the kit with just one module. If you split the tom inputs, (what I did) .... I would suggest running maybe 5 toms as there are plenty of soundsets in the module with 5 toms. Then that gives you an additional 3 cymbals you could add.... So, 5 1 zn toms, a 3zn Ride, 2 ea. 3 zn crashes, and 3 additional 1zn cymbals. For 2 kicks, I suppose if you use a stereo headphone type splitter you should be able to use both kicks with the same sound. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

RockStarGate

2 modules eventually but for the time being I'll have to scale it down a little. 2 bass drums into one input and splitting the toms will get me by.
Looking forward to the HiHat controller! Thanks Manfred  8)

RockStarGate

Hi Jman, is there a way to just have dual zone crashes with choke and use the 3rd for a single zone cymbal sound? Maybe using a TMI?

edtc

Quote from: RockStarGate on January 08, 2012, 09:09:07 PM
Hi Jman, is there a way to just have dual zone crashes with choke and use the 3rd for a single zone cymbal sound? Maybe using a TMI?

if i undrestood well what you said , it s possible.....

Only restriction is that you have tou build dedicated DSOUNDS for this purpose ...

with your 2 zones crash sound assigned to BOW/EDGE(triggered via the 2BOX cymbal input )  and another sound assigned to the bell zone , triggered via the TMI interface ...  you just have to set the right midi note on the TMI ... 
   on the 2BOX module , you ll have to set the cymbal trigger to "CyEdg" , in order to avoid the aux cymbal sound to be triggered by the 2BOX cymbal ....

I didnt tried it , but i guess it s possible to use the choke function for the additionnal cymbal too .... as the choke on the 2box cymbal will mute  all sounds from the same DSOUND... 

so you can choke 2 cymbals with just one hand ;)

here s a link to a post i did with more details ...

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,974.msg9443.html#msg9443

Jman

Quote from: edtc on January 08, 2012, 09:55:34 PM
if i undrestood well what you said , it s possible.....

Only restriction is that you have tou build dedicated DSOUNDS for this purpose ...

with your 2 zones crash sound assigned to BOW/EDGE(triggered via the 2BOX cymbal input )  and another sound assigned to the bell zone , triggered via the TMI interface ...  you just have to set the right midi note on the TMI ... 
   on the 2BOX module , you ll have to set the cymbal trigger to "CyEdg" , in order to avoid the aux cymbal sound to be triggered by the 2BOX cymbal ....

I didnt tried it , but i guess it s possible to use the choke function for the additionnal cymbal too .... as the choke on the 2box cymbal will mute  all sounds from the same DSOUND... 

so you can choke 2 cymbals with just one hand ;)

here s a link to a post i did with more details ...

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,974.msg9443.html#msg9443

I have to learn to read all the posts  :-[ .... I just wrote a lengthy post (then deleted it!) about accessing the Bell zone via MIDI on one of your cymbal inputs you are already using for a crash cymbal ... by setting the Cymbal type to CY EDG  ......so you wouldn't accidentally get that same sound on your crash as the new single zone pad you add on .....  anyway ..... then I read this post .... almost exactly what I had written .... Oh well, at least I know we're thinkin alike .... on the same page ;D ;)

So assuming you still want to use your Ride cymbal as 3 zone .... by using this method on the 2 crash cymbals that would give you a couple more cymbals, like a single zone China and Splash. Just gotta build a few dsnds .... but they are sooooo easy to build, once you've done a few.

now ..... this gets me thinking .... I have 2 modules, if I do this little trick on just a couple of my crashes I can add a couple more cymbals, like my Alubell (triggered) and .......... there goes the G A S again! ;D

Evy

RockStarGate

I just got my module today and the items from Manfred and 6828 showed up as well! Happy day!  ;D
Thank you to everyone who helped me out!
Now the fun begins.............

Jman

Quote from: RockStarGate on January 14, 2012, 05:37:07 PM
I just got my module today and the items from Manfred and 6828 showed up as well! Happy day!  ;D
Thank you to everyone who helped me out!
Now the fun begins.............
Congrats! .... hope ya enjoy this great "open" system as much as I do!!