News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

X-mas rumours found on Clavia's site

Started by puttenvr, December 24, 2011, 07:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edtc

Quote from: roel on January 17, 2012, 10:11:47 PM
But Iam curious how the samples will sound?

The advantage of this machine is that it is NOT sample based ....  it should react as old analog modules like TAMA PEARL or SIMMONS .... velocity can affect a lot of parameters , like tune , envelope , filter , and a lot more as this one is "modern "

...  this makes a very expressive way to use and modify "synthetic" drum sounds ... 

One other cool possibility , is that because this gear is MIDI , it gives you the possibility to controle the parameters using a midi controller or a sequencer ....

imagine ... you play drums and someone else modifys the textures of the sounds you play .....  or a sequencer or DAW can change kits for some parts or filter cutoff frequency on a snare sound!!!!

This is what i imagine , but knowing the nordlead a bit , all this  should be possible ...

we will see soon  :animal: :animal: :animal:

3drum

quote;  ""velocity can affect a lot of parameters , like tune , envelope , filter"............  the ddrum3 did all of these  and also had a  click parameter, pressure sensing which was great for damping and bending and positional sensing.

GenuineHuman

This is not really meant for drummers. There aren't that many drum machines on the market and like puttenvr said it's a niche product. I'll wait for the reviews and videos to see what it actually does, but I'm already sure that this is not something I'd normally buy.

edtc

Quote from: GenuineHuman on January 18, 2012, 12:11:47 PM
This is not really meant for drummers. There aren't that many drum machines on the market and like puttenvr said it's a niche product. I'll wait for the reviews and videos to see what it actually does, but I'm already sure that this is not something I'd normally buy.

I think it s meant also for drummers , but not as main Brain , or in complement of an acoustic kit.

IMO it is a good idea from CLAVIA ... 

roel

Quote from: edtc on January 18, 2012, 02:05:52 PM
I think it s meant also for drummers , but not as main Brain , or in complement of an acoustic kit.

IMO it is a good idea from CLAVIA ...

Maby I will use the Nord Drum as ad-on module for extra inputs to my 2box module, but first I wanna hear it!

puttenvr

Not possible since the 2Box is a 10 channel unit.

roel

Ok, But can you connect the Nord Drum on your 2box module?

edtc

Quote from: roel on January 18, 2012, 06:34:33 PM
Ok, But can you connect the Nord Drum on your 2box module?

yes , you can connect it ....  audio out from Norddrum to Drumit5 audio in ...

you can also connect it via midi , but in most  cases it s useless ....

roel

Quote from: edtc on January 18, 2012, 06:47:41 PM
yes , you can connect it ....  audio out from Norddrum to Drumit5 audio in ...

you can also connect it via midi , but in most  cases it s useless ....

I don't get it why it is useless , the Nord Drum has 4 trigger inputs so you connect 4 extra cymbals or whatever on your 2box module or is this not possible to do?

GenuineHuman

You can't use 2Box sounds, that's why it is useless. 2Box module has 10 channels / trigger inputs and once you use them all up, you're done, you can't trigger any additional 2Box module sounds, because you don't have any trigger inputs left.

edtc

Quote from: roel on January 18, 2012, 06:53:16 PM
I don't get it why it is useless , the Nord Drum has 4 trigger inputs so you connect 4 extra cymbals or whatever on your 2box module or is this not possible to do?

1 -
  it s just useless to pay 400€ for 4 chanels of midi trig as you can get an Alesis triggerI/O ( 10 DUAL trig inputs) for 50€ on the second hand market .

Norddrum  (4 ins) 100 € per input

Alesis        (20 ins) 2.5 € per input

2 -

unless you build special DSOUNDS with different cymbal sounds for each zone, you have no channel left on your Drumit5 to play those 4 extra cymbal sounds     (see there http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,974.msg9445.html#msg9445 )

roel

But the Nord Drum doesn't have built in sounds? Or internal memory?

edtc

edtc

roel

Quote from: edtc on January 18, 2012, 08:44:45 PM
go for it !   they just post a video with a short demo of the sounds

http://norddrum.com/

hmm I think It sounds cool.