News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

X-mas rumours found on Clavia's site

Started by puttenvr, December 24, 2011, 07:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

The drums of the future come form the past

So... it's an upgraded ddrum4se 

GenuineHuman

Ok, it looks like it's not a DJ turn table with build-in mixer, sampler, drums, keyboard ... and iPad connection. But! It can stil be a DJ mixer with built-in sampler, drums, keyboard ... and iPad connection.  8)

Hellfire

Well now, that's cool. I'm now officially stoked about this years NAMM.

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on January 09, 2012, 05:50:16 PM

But what do you think? just a upgraded module or a complete set?

edtc

looks much smaller than the ddrum4 ...

@roel ....  suspense !!! ;););)

Manfred

Or just a drum machine like TR-808/909 and so on....

roel

edtc

Quote from: roel on January 09, 2012, 07:31:13 PM
we have to wait...grrrr :)

.........No problem !  we 2boxers are well trained , when it comes to wait ...;););)

edtc

Quote from: Manfred on January 09, 2012, 07:28:31 PM
Or just a drum machine like TR-808/909 and so on....

...or maybe something that will need a custom hihat controller board .. ;) ;) ;)

PS: @ manfred ... did you check the post about converting the hihat pad to a regular cymbal pad ??  we need your lights to conclude the post ...

... nothing to do with the Norddrum , but after all , 10 days is long , so we have time   :drum2:

Jman

Dunno, that picture doesn't have much detail to make any real evaluation, but it sure would need a couple rows of input/output jacks on the back if it were a drum module ... unless it were as l o n g as a Nord Keyboard  ;) .... take a look at this from Manfred's sticky showing the inputs/outputs on our 2Box modules:

I suppose a DB25 connector and wire harness could be possible .... that would take up less space and would eliminate most or all of the input jacks ???
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

edtc

Quote from: Jman on January 10, 2012, 03:48:09 AM
Dunno, that picture doesn't have much detail to make any real evaluation, but it sure would need a couple rows of input/output jacks on the back if it were a drum module ... unless it were as l o n g as a Nord Keyboard  ;) ....

....  or maybe there is only one jack , with 10zones , velocity dépendant , like our Bell trigger ...:)
and the audio output is wireless ....

but i really like Jman's  idea to have a slim 3 feet long Norddrum module :) :) :)

puttenvr

At this moment I don't think it's a drumkit but a drum machine with reproductions of classic (much wanted) drum machines into it. Some years ago Hans Nordelius explained why Clavia left the market for drum kits. They sold their name to Armadil(d)o and saw 2Box entering the market.
Would be strange if they returned to drumkits.

Hellfire

Quote from: puttenvr on January 10, 2012, 06:21:31 AM
At this moment I don't think it's a drumkit but a drum machine with reproductions of classic (much wanted) drum machines into it.

I would have to agree with you at this point, however seeing those two pictures of it being used/tested with a drum kit makes me think that it may be a little bit more than just a drum machine. More of a drum midi sound box designed to be use with an other drum modules/TMIs (or other midi devices, like a keyboard). What I mean by "more than a drum machine" is, it may have the midi protocols in it for variable hi-hat control. Most drum machines I've used don't have the variable hi-hat midi protocols built in it. This is what I think stops edrummers from using them as add on midi sound modules to their drum module/TMI. Just my two cents at this point.

Berk

I've got a mad chubby for whatever it is!

edtc

LOOK WHAT I'VE FOUND....