News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Is it possible to mount 2box hihat on the another hihat stand?

Started by pls, October 10, 2009, 02:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pls

Actually I have a pretty good hi-hat stand and wondering if I could use it with 2box hi-hat. Can anybody provide some information on this issue, or may be real similar experience description?

Dr.Wu

no problem
i did exactly that-just a standard pearl hihat stand did the job in my case. Much better stability and controlability.
:drum3:

Gissing

I would call that a rather expensive solution. You should not have to buy another hihat stand. Have any body heard if 2Box have made a solution??
The hihat is a very crtical part of an e-drum.

Travis182

Gissing check the price of the new Roland TD20KX and see if you even get a Hi-hat stand with that. As stated in many threads already, 2box have offered a hi hat stand and bass drum pedal straight out of the box option. Yes they have said it's not the best hi hat stand or bass drum pedal in the world but at least you can play it out of the box. I don't think any other e drum company supplies hi hat stands.

It's a small price to pay when you consider the price of the kit already i think.

NeilC

I have recently moved out of my practice room as the band is on hiatus at the minute :(  so have used my Pearl HH stand in place of the 2Box one, and I must say - in most respects I prefer the 2Box one. It doesn't move or rattle or anything, it;s responsive especially for footwork etc... So it;s horses for courses really...

Calimero

Quote from: Travis182 on October 14, 2009, 03:01:51 PM
Gissing check the price of the new Roland TD20KX and see if you even get a Hi-hat stand with that. As stated in many threads already, 2box have offered a hi hat stand and bass drum pedal straight out of the box option. Yes they have said it's not the best hi hat stand or bass drum pedal in the world but at least you can play it out of the box. I don't think any other e drum company supplies hi hat stands.

It's a small price to pay when you consider the price of the kit already i think.

Yamaha's dtxtreme 3 and dtxpress IV special come with decent hi-hat stands as far as I know.

Travis182

Quote from: Calimero on October 14, 2009, 03:37:57 PM
Quote from: Travis182 on October 14, 2009, 03:01:51 PM

Yamaha's dtxtreme 3 and dtxpress IV special come with decent hi-hat stands as far as I
know.

How much are those kits?