News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

False Triggering!

Started by Digs, December 20, 2011, 04:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digs

Hi all,

I've had my 2box module and hi hat pad for a couple of months now (purchased from Edrum Attic  :)), I'm triggering the 2box with my Roland pads.

I love it, box sounds are awesome.

I started to make my own dsnds and they sound even better, unfortunately occasionally I get false triggers from the cymbals sounds.

Box sounds are fine, just my own sounds seem to be the problem.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

:animal:

puttenvr

Perhaps it's the Roland pads
Did you try different trigger settings?

Digs

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't tried any different trigger settings as everything works perfectly with the sounds from the 2box module, it only plays up with my own sounds.

Jman

When you mention false triggering .... what are you talking about exactly? Double triggering, triggering when you don't even strike the pad, etc.... ? Explain a little more accurately please....  or if you can ... record the sound for an example ... Have you listened to your sounds, individual strikes in DSoundTool? .... iE .... you can click on each of the individual hits in a dsnd in DSoundTool for each zone and listen to the result. That can make it clearer if it is happening only at your kit or if it is in the dsnd without hardware involved. No idea exactly what is happening with your case, but I have built dsnds before where the sounds/triggering seemed bad/false and went back and discovered some of the hits in the recorded samples just sounded that way. In that case I went back and deleted the individual hits that produced the bad sounds .... or sh_t canned that entire dsnd and started over with different sampled sounds.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Digs

Hi Jman

Thanks for your reply.

By false triggering I meant that I only have the problem with hi hat, ride and one of my two chinas, and only my own dsnds not 2box dsnds.

If I don't play those sounds I don't get a false trigger until I play that sound, then I get random false triggers for that particular sound.

I have checked the dsnds using DsoundTool and all seemed ok.

Hope that all makes more sense.

Btw, it was watching your '1st 10 kits' video that persuaded me to convert from Roland to 2box. I'm so glad I did. Thanks

Manfred

Hi,

do you use the latest OS version 1.24? I read in the change description that 1.22 fixed a problem with "random triggering". Version 1.24 came one day later with just a minor change. So if you don't have it already an update could be worth a try.

This is the thread with the download links for 1.24:

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1121.0.html

Regards, Manfred

Slap the drummer

After you've played a genuine strike - how long will you keep getting random
triggers for ?  I mean do they stop if you don't hit that pad again ?

Might be an idea to post a problem .dsnd up somewhere....

Also, have you tried swapping pads around - ie, triggering a problem cymbal file
with (say eg) one of the tom pads, see if the actual pad is part of the problem or not.

Digs

Thanks Manfred

I am running OS version 1.24, I read the fix for 'random triggering' too, I hoped that it would solve my problem but unfortunately it didn't.

Jman

Quote from: Digs on December 24, 2011, 02:00:19 PM
Hi Jman

Thanks for your reply.

By false triggering I meant that I only have the problem with hi hat, ride and one of my two chinas, and only my own dsnds not 2box dsnds.

If I don't play those sounds I don't get a false trigger until I play that sound, then I get random false triggers for that particular sound.

I have checked the dsnds using DsoundTool and all seemed ok.

Hope that all makes more sense.

Btw, it was watching your '1st 10 kits' video that persuaded me to convert from Roland to 2box. I'm so glad I did. Thanks
I switched from Roland to 2Box also .... I'm not sorry for sure. And once you get everything working as it should on the dsnds you put together yourself it is even better IMO.... Try the things Slap mentioned. We need to narrow down the problem. What memory card are you using?
Here is a recent thread of a memory card problem .... not exactly the same symptoms, but, very close, and only happened on his SD2 sounds not on the 2Box sounds ......
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1126.msg10733.html#msg10733

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Digs

Hi Slap

Thanks for the reply, after I've played a genuine strike, it is totaliy random how long before I get random
triggers. They don't stop if I hit that pad again?

I swapped the ride with my fix hats, the problem stayed with the pad so it was now the fix hats dsnd that was false triggering.

I also swapped my china and crash around but this time it the problem moved with dsnd onto a different pad.

But everything works fine with 2box dsnds.

Digs

Quote from: Jman on December 24, 2011, 04:52:51 PM
I switched from Roland to 2Box also .... I'm not sorry for sure. And once you get everything working as it should on the dsnds you put together yourself it is even better IMO.... Try the things Slap mentioned. We need to narrow down the problem. What memory card are you using?
Here is a recent thread of a memory card problem .... not exactly the same symptoms, but, very close, and only happened on his SD2 sounds not on the 2Box sounds ......
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1126.msg10733.html#msg10733
I'll check out the thread as I'm using sounds from SD2, I've not changed the memory card yet. I have a 32gb card and cable but I'd like to eliminate this problem before I upgrade.

StudioG4

Has there been any further discussion on this as I am now also experiencing random triggers?
-I am running v 1.24 and it has been the cymb1 channel that is causing the random fire.
-I don't have any pads or triggers plugged into the unit and the cymbal dsnd that is triggered is a 2box (AZ 16 Crash but it doesn't matter what sound is associated with the channel) that is sounding.
-I have done the card mod and am using the forum recommended 32GB Lexar Pro 133x sdhc card.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Tony G

Lustar

Is it without any cable plugged into the module at all? If so it might be the ribbon cable. You could try the original 4GB card without the ribbon cable. Then if it's not the card or the ribbon or cables or pads, it could be the cymb1 input jack but it seems unlikely.

StudioG4

Hi Lustar, yes, without anything plugged into the module. I plan to try the original 4GB card to eliminate variables and then as you suggest, the ribbon cable. I had posted just to see if anyone else had had a similar occurrence.
Thank-you for your input. I will keep you updated.
Tony G

StudioG4

An update, after multiple eliminations, it turns out that there was something in one of my kits that was causing the misfire. Definite software issue. When I removed that arrangement of kits and samples and replaced it, the problem hasn't come back.