News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Screws for Bass Pad don't fit

Started by cmercy, May 27, 2014, 02:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmercy

Hi All - Got my new DrumIt 5 and assembled everything...except the bass pa. The screws just don't fit. I tried to thread them in by hand and they won't go in. I actually split the drum key trying to put them in. Has anyone else experienced this?

Jman

There's been some discussion about paint in the threads of the drum. See if that's the case. If so you might try softening the paint with acetone and cleaning it out. If you do, be careful as acetone will screw up your drum finish.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

cmercy

Thanks for the replies....looks like others are experiencing this as well. In working with my Sales Rep from Sam Ash and the Hoshino Rep, I have a new pad on the way.   :)

At first Hoshino sent me new screws, when that failed they told me to use a power tool to put the screws in. I pushed back on that recommendation - after breaking two drum keys and almost striping the head off one screw with a 6" adjustable wrench.

They did admit that there was an issue at the manufacturer. It took me about two weeks to get it resolved but least they're doing the right thing, so I won't complain too much.

I'm glad, because overall I have to say I am very pleased with the set.  :animal:

hemiboy

Yeah the screws fit . It is a common problem,  that paint gets in the threads . So, clean the screws with paint thinner or a solvent away from the pads so the thinner doesn't hurt anything, clean and wipe them good . Get a good sharp screwdriver and you have to lean on them the first time to get them in. Go to the search box, enter this topic, and you will see many others that  have overcome this problem, good luck, easy fix!