News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

SD card compatibility list

Started by Manfred, December 03, 2011, 11:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheM@x

Any news on this topic? More succes stories?

Great job by the way, I saw on Android Fora that there are tools to messure and report Access Times.

ROB219

Lexar 16Gb Professional SDHC Class 10 (133x / 20Mb/sec) can be added to the list, OS load in 2 seconds dead.  9Gb used on the card.

Runs like an absolute dream.... drum samples even sound better too.. if that be believed!

Manfred

Quote from: ROB219 on February 18, 2012, 06:06:34 AM
Lexar 16Gb Professional SDHC Class 10 (133x / 20Mb/sec) can be added to the list, OS load in 2 seconds dead.  9Gb used on the card.

Runs like an absolute dream.... drum samples even sound better too.. if that be believed!

Thanks, start post is updated. Do you have a picture of the card? Does it look the same as the 32GB card?

Regards, Manfred

ytchi

I'm using the 8Gb version of the Lexar card with no problems. Yes, it looks the same as the 32Gb.

ROB219

Quote from: Manfred on February 18, 2012, 12:11:55 PM

Thanks, start post is updated. Do you have a picture of the card? Does it look the same as the 32GB card?

Regards, Manfred

Sure Manfred:

TheM@x

Looks like the best card for the job. I have ordered the original 32Gb for 44 euros.

signature

TheM@x

Just did the 32Gb conversion (Lexar Pro Class 10) with the SD card to SD cable, works perfectly.

Bada boem  :patbat2box:

twisted.mellow

Wow, those lexar cards kick ass! Module boots in about two seconds! Bought one the other day and no more sounds breaking up. I can't make it break!! Lexar professional class 10 ftw.

ROB219

Quote from: twisted.mellow on February 26, 2012, 11:46:33 AM
Wow, those lexar cards kick ass! Module boots in about two seconds! Bought one the other day and no more sounds breaking up. I can't make it break!! Lexar professional class 10 ftw.

They're FAST hey! Boots quicker with this card than the original.

digitalDrummer

I know there will be some skeptics, but I have thoroughly tested one of the cheaper offerings - the Transcend 32GB card - and it works well.

It's certainly slower to boot than the Lexar, but it performs well and some of the home-brew DSNDs that broke up on other cards held up well - even with multiple simultaneous hits on different instruments (I found tom 3 particularly latent and unclear with a Kingston card, for example).

And for anyone tempted, please avoid the Kingston - even a 16GB card struggled.
Top marks, however, still  go to the Lexar. Good find, Jman.

See warning below.

twisted.mellow

Sorry to piddle on the parade Allan, but these are EXACTLY the cards I just sold and replaced with the Lexar Professionals... I thought there were perfect too, until I started adding many-layered-samples to each of my triggers (and you know how many triggers I've got :)). When I'm wailed on the kit these cards would break up the audio pretty badly.

And it's not a batch issue - I bought one of these off JMan and another locally. Initially, they were great. Subsequently however, they were letting me down. I'm not (im)patiently waiting for my second 16GB Lexar Professional to arrive :)

digitalDrummer

Thanks Ian. That's exactly why we post on here - so that people who have had less than perfect experiences can prevent others from making poor purchases.
So folks, don't rush out for a Transcend.

TEVE

hi to all.. what about this baby ?

Lexar SDHC Thin Box 32GB 400x Professional UHS-I
i dont know if  2box is possible to read uhs-i technology ( much more faster 400x ) but anyway it should be compactible and i hope same quality , transfer and boot speed as Lexar 16Gb Professional SDHC Class 10 (133x / 20Mb/sec) if not even better ? what you think or any expirience with this card ?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lexar-32GB-Professional-UHS-I-Memory/dp/B006YAOPLK

davul

Hello everybody
I have got some problems connected with my Operational system.
Only 1.1 version is starting, but there are still some dsdn files that are not visible.
here are all the parameters:
OS 1.2 and 1,24 error
My SD card: Lexar Professional 32GB SDHC class 10 133x speed
Format: SDFormatter (Fat 32, 32K cluster)

thank you in advance and sorry for my english