News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

how many 2BOXERS in the world ??? Serial Number Topic (add S/N to profile)

Started by edtc, December 03, 2011, 05:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edtc

Hi Deve ...

How many Drumit 5 modules has been sold ? 

.... If it s not a secret , i ll be curious to know how many "Orange E-drummers " we are ...

Manfred

Hi,

are you asking 2Box or do you want to count somehow? Its an interesting question but I guess there is no reason why 2Box should release their business numbers in a public forum.

I bought my kit end of december 2009 and i have a serial number around 630. So you could look for a serial number of a kit that was bought in the last few weeks. But then you still don't know if the series numbers were counted continually. Some companies skip serial numbers in case of facelifts or start series production for example with 400. Everything before is prototyping and/or pilot production.

What i want to say is that looking at serial numbers might not be the whole truth.

Regards, Manfred

Nick00

Bought it about 3 months ago and my number is:

puttenvr

Jman

The earlier MKI used kit I bought ... my module ser. no.:
Under 200
My new module I bought in Aug. 2011:
Over 2200
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

edtc

... i hope they gonna sell a lot more !!!

we 2boxers have to make more promotion for this great product !!!

maybe it s the orange color that makes some people hesitate....

BURNIN AMBITION

its the orange color that made me buy it!!!!
2box, bengt, deve, digital drummer, Jman, Brian, Manfred thanx for everything

iola 11
http://www.facebook.com/iola11
www.reverbnation.com/iola11
https://soundcloud.com/iola11
https://twitter.com/iola11band
www.youtube.com/iola11band
www.myspace.com/iola11

edtc

Quote from: BURNIN AMBITION on December 05, 2011, 12:35:02 AM
its the orange color that made me buy it!!!!

then you were really lucky to like this colour !!!  :patbat2box:

me , i like natural mapple colour .... they are from Sweeden ... why not an "all mapple shell " edition ... ;)

digitalDrummer

One has to wonder whether they would see more if they the kit was black or white...

GenuineHuman

I don't mind the color. I actually even prefer orange. It makes the kit alive. A mix of orange, black and grey is well balanced and it goes very well with black and white carpet. :)

My serial number is 01824, bought in May 2011 and it came with MK1 kick drum that has a lovely orange lit 2Box logo on the back.  :)

Slap the drummer

Yep same here - it was the orange tipped the balance and persuaded me to
take a chance on the kit without auditioning it.   :D

edtc

For me it took close to a year to decide to buy the module ..... i do love Orange , but it could have been yellow or sparkle green or anything ... 

My decision was made on the specs (the Loop engine and the "open sound " architecture ) , the demo sounds and te DDRUM legacy ... 
    i was looking for something working like DRUMAGOG that i was using at this time .... the loop engine was one of the specs that made me decide at the end.... (I was a bit disappointed before os 1.20 ... :))

About the colour ... it s not only a question of taste , but a lot of musicians prefer to have something more discreet or  on stage ... 

Even Ferrari makes black or white cars :)

Nick00

In term of design this color is a lot more consistent and logical.

It is better to achieve the look of something trough its function and nature rather then imitate the look (often badly) from another similar but fundamentally different  product.

2Box made really well in that direction. Instead of hiding and copying an acoustic kit like Roland and Yamaha do, they assumed the electronic nature giving its unique and distinguished beauty. It could in fact help a lot e-kits by giving them their own "personality" , not just acoustics simulation.

Yes it could have been any punchy color, but I'm pretty that was a good choice has it will be accepted by most people and used in a pretty unique way.

Its more then just a color and taste matter :)

Anyways, it rocks  ;D

puttenvr

Quote from: Nick00 on December 05, 2011, 11:43:03 PM
Instead of hiding and copying an acoustic kit like Roland and Yamaha do, they assumed the electronic nature

Soundwise they do copy an acoustic kit
Fortunately

renzolevi

Hi There!

Renzo from Holland over here and owner of number 02703!
bought in November and tomorrow he'll be doing his first gig! ;)