News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hi Hat Calibration OS 1.20 Problem!

Started by Battery Boy, November 13, 2011, 01:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battery Boy

Hi guys,

I've just upgraded to OS 1.20. Everything is great except the hi hat calibration doesn't seem to be working.

I follow the prompts and press the CALIB button at the appropriate positions, yet once it's done all I get is the same open sound, no matter the position of the pedal.

When I'm in the hi hat calib menu I can see the hi hat icon opening and closing with my foot - but the sound never changes.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Cheers

geegee

kunkyape

Hi there, yes I am having exactly the same issue. I have just installed OS 1.24 but even before it was not calibrating correctly.

I have tried all the adjustments but it still comes up on the calibration screen as 'no change'.

This is now my 2nd hi-hat as I had a first generation kit when the 2 box was first released and fear it may be the trigger or internal triggering issues that are causing the problem.

If anyone could suggest anything it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jman

Quote from: kunkyape on December 29, 2011, 04:28:33 AM
Hi there, yes I am having exactly the same issue. I have just installed OS 1.24 but even before it was not calibrating correctly.

I have tried all the adjustments but it still comes up on the calibration screen as 'no change'.

This is now my 2nd hi-hat as I had a first generation kit when the 2 box was first released and fear it may be the trigger or internal triggering issues that are causing the problem.

If anyone could suggest anything it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
It sounds like you have a problem with the HH controller inside the HH cymbal. It could be something as simple as a wire that is broken loose. If the HH is still under warranty you may want to contact the place you bought it or the distributor. Here is a thread where Manfred shows the inside of the HH controller board:
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,897.0.html
If it were mine I'd open it up and see if it is an obvious fix .... but that's just me, I do a lot of edrum building ... DIY ... etc...
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/