News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

OS 1.22

Started by Deve Loper, November 24, 2011, 01:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deve Loper

Hi.

New OS 1.22 released. See download links below. You can use the same DrumIt.dkit and single kit files.

General
- A software change for a chip with a revised specification (it caused random triggering).
- Phones volume is increased by 6 dB, that's 4 times the power.
- Maximum of 8000 dsnd files, 800 wav files, 999 single kit files and 1000 folders. The file names can be upto 63 characters without the dot and extension, the combined folder name can be 127 characters incl all parent folders and separators.

Kit mode
- All single kits are shown with a large initial letter. Click the dial to select kits by initial, click again to select kit by kit. The kit programs have PR as initial and all single kits not starting with A-Z have ?.
- To stop all loops, hold STOP on the KIT-PROG page for 1/2 second.
- The KIT-ENV-SOUND parameter shows the loop values as Loop (continuous with start / stop) or Solo (one-shot with retrigger), either one with ! to indicate a fixed trigger level.
- The echo effect has some new parameter names (their function is the same), LEFT, RIGHT and TIME.

Unit mode
- The volumes of all channels and mixer (with horizontal faders) can be shown with the exact dB value. This is selected with the UNIT-PREF-VOL parameter, either Bar showing the volume with a bar graph only or Num showing it with a numerical dB value as well.
- Mixer with vertical faders shows the full fader names when selecting and adjusting the faders, not when changing pages.
- The volume level of the LEVEL knob is shown on the UNIT-OUT page. The OUT1.2 parameter is moved down.
- The trigger level on the UNIT-TRIG page shows the dB value as well. Press LEVEL to show the last 4 trigger events, press again to show the MIDI note and velocity.
- The trigger level of the hihat pedal and cymbal choke are also indicated on the UNIT-TRIG page. For the pedal between -48 and 0 dB and for the choke always -6 dB.
- The metronome is played with a fixed layer so the same type of accents sound the same each time.
- Editing the fader names is done with a single parameter UNIT-PREF-FAD. Turn to select the fader to be edited, click to select the first letter, turn to change the letter, etc.

http://www.2box.se/download/operating/DrumIt122.bin

http://www.2box.se/download/pdf/DrumIt-Five-User-Manual-OS-1.22.pdf

roel

is this the official so no beta?

Deve Loper

Jman

Nice Thanksgiving present! 8) Thanks again for more completely FREE improvements and the continued product support. Unequaled IMO in the edrum market! J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

roel

rythm

Thanks 2Box, your efforts are much appreciated!  :)

Manfred

Hi Deve,

thanks for the new OS. I like especially these things:

Quote from: Deve Loper on November 24, 2011, 01:23:52 PM

- Phones volume is increased by 6 dB, that's 4 times the power.

Unit mode
- The trigger level on the UNIT-TRIG page shows the dB value as well. Press LEVEL to show the last 4 trigger events, press again to show the MIDI note and velocity.
- The trigger level of the hihat pedal and cymbal choke are also indicated on the UNIT-TRIG page. For the pedal between -48 and 0 dB and for the choke always -12 dB.

And i also like to have a new comprehensive manual. Writing documentation is always a bit annoying for developers but i like to have a good manual. Thanks again for the good service!

Regards, Manfred

nonoduweb

Thanks Deve, display of the velocity is a good improvement!  :rock:

digitalDrummer

Just loaded it and it found the new version right off the bat. And yes, the headphone output is certainly louder.
Thanks guys.

Baby Samus

Another O/S update already?  I think they must be drinking too much Red Bull over at the 2Box offices.  I shall install this tomorrow, thanks again for your good service Mr 2Box.

lixus

Thanks, Deve Loper

Could also provide an md5sum file in the future, please ?

Evy

And the kit now sounds even more alive!!  Keep it up you Swedes!!

Jman

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/