News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Help with 1&2 Outputs

Started by CanoeWorkshop, December 03, 2011, 09:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanoeWorkshop

Hi there

Am new to this and am finding the module a bit confusing to start with.

I am running 1.20 out of the box.

Everything is fine using headphones (except a little under powered but I understand this is taken care of in 1.24?)

When I plug into my powered monitor using an XLR to 2 TR Jack Plugs is am losing some of the loops and some of the channels only on certain kits and loops. It sounds as if I am getting a mono signal as some of the loop on say Kit 2 is fine and pther parts not audible.

The only way I can find to resolve this is by panning the balance in UNIT mode to either left or right. This brings up the snare to match the rest of the kit. I have tried altering the output allocator but to no avail.

Is it the mono cables I am using from Output 1&2? Or should I run a separate cable from each Output 1 and then 2 in to two separate XLR inputs on my monitor?

HELP, THIS IS DRIVING ME MAD!!  :'(

eDRUM_ATTIC

Hello Charlie

Graham is due back today and will be dropping you a line to try and help you.   :)

CanoeWorkshop

Just a quick update on this issue I had.

I was using a twin mono (TS) jack into a single XLR input on my monitor. If I pull out one of the cables it works fine! I guess the input was getting confused.

This was a special edrum module cable supplied by Thomman in Germany.

Its usually something really obvious with these issues which makes it even more annoying when you find the answer.

Thanks Graham at eDrumAttic for trying. :-))

eDRUM_ATTIC

So glad you got it sorted.  :rock:
It is so often the way, just something simple but doesn't it always drive you insane?!

Have a great time with the kit and do keep in touch!
:patbat2box: