News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

DrumIt Five cymbals

Started by Sam H, October 01, 2009, 09:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdevr000

Where is Scott when you need him  :drum2:

wbrs

Quote from: hdevr000 on January 03, 2010, 08:48:45 PM
What about the idea to sell also a bigger cymbal so it looks like a ride instead of a crash?
I never saw that in E-drums but it seems such a simple solutions to me. Anybody else?
I like it. But I wouldn't get my hopes up. They just want to keep things small. I feel sorry for anyone that is really large. Edrums to me look like they where designed for midgits.

Scottie

Hi Everyone

From the beginning 2box has had plans to produce different size pads, and i believe it was mentioned in the brochure as well:

"Two 14" cymbals come with the DrumIt Five, whilst other sizes including splash and crash will be available at a later date"  ;)

Hope this info helps
Scott

wbrs

Any news on what sizes the pads will be? The brochure said 8 to 14 inch. Will the 14 inch be available other than the bass drum?

roel

Quote from: wbrs on January 08, 2010, 04:46:22 PM
Any news on what sizes the pads will be? The brochure said 8 to 14 inch. Will the 14 inch be available other than the bass drum?

I think a 14 inch tom is too big to mount on a 2box rack or am I wrong?

puttenvr

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on October 02, 2009, 03:00:40 PM
The sound is much better than those Yamaha and Roland cymbals
The feel is not 100% okay, but the software update certainly will improve it.
The choking is very good. Ride and bell positions do separate good
but sometimes there are some irregularities when playing a fast pattern

I agree with this, looking forward to the next update.

madmanmafimardi

Quote from: roel on April 23, 2010, 11:32:27 PM
I think a 14 inch tom is too big to mount on a 2box rack or am I wrong?

Can be done

claes1965

Hi !

Mybe should not write it this way but I do anyway.

Does anybody know from where in Sweden I can buy one separate extra Cymbal with clamps/arm and cable for expansion ?

//Claes1965

Quote from: Sam H on October 01, 2009, 09:43:16 PM
Hi guys,

To those of you who've had a chance to try out the kit, what do you think of the cymbals?  How do they compare to the Roland and Yamaha cymbals?  I like the sound of them, but I was wondering what they are like in terms of feel and quality.

Cheers.

puttenvr

There aren't any spare parts for sale
And 2Box owner won't sell their last (only) 2 cymbals

rythm

Quote from: claes1965 on May 21, 2010, 01:46:08 PM
Hi !

Mybe should not write it this way but I do anyway.

Does anybody know from where in Sweden I can buy one separate extra Cymbal with clamps/arm and cable for expansion ?

//Claes1965

Hi Claes, try with the wholesaler - Svensk Musik TTS (http://www.tts.se/).

PonyTom

Guys im shattered!!! one of my cymbals is jammed, it sounds like its being choked all the time, and then depending on where I hit it I get a good sound here and there.

Anyone know what tha hell is wrong? Has the hardware really given out after only 7 months????

Also absolutely no idea where to have them repaired in the UK? Or where to get a new spare one??

puttenvr

Please remove the rubber cover and look if all metal squares around the circle are still in good shape, don't stand up
Is the cable still okay?
If you connect the same cymbal to another input, does it respond (malfuntion) the same?

p929

Quote from: PonyTom on August 09, 2010, 07:06:29 PM
..one of my cymbals is jammed, it sounds like its being choked all the time, and then depending on where I hit it I get a good sound here and there.

Same here buddy...same here

Quote from: puttenvr on August 09, 2010, 07:56:52 PM
Please remove the rubber cover and look if all metal squares around the circle are still in good shape, don't stand up Is the cable still okay? If you connect the same cymbal to another input, does it respond (malfuntion) the same?

I've done this several times, and after that it works (despite the fact that none of the flaps is broken or touching the metal plate). but after some minutes playing the problem comes back.

Actually I realized about it from the very first moment I got the kit, back that time I disabled the choke option for that cymbal and voila....however, as I wanted to have choked sounds, I enabled it once again and more or less it worked till couple of weeks ago when the problem was noticeable systematic.

Also, I've seen (and might be logic) that the cable coils around the stand, and once it reaches the limit (see attached pic) the cymbal rises the frecuency of choked sounds (almost eveery stroke). Is that normal?....if so, the guys at Sweden should try to prevent that movement that leads the cable to coil itself.

rythm

Agree. I havenĀ“t had any kind of issues yet, but there ought to be a wayto prevent the cymbals from spinning around. Maybe someone here have a solution?