News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Another review

Started by torbs, October 01, 2009, 10:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torbs

Hi

here is another review written by somebody from the german drummer forum after having used the kit live for a couple of gigs:

http://www.drummerforum.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=40438&pageNo=22&highlight=drumit

" after a few weeks I am still very satisfied with the sounds and the triggering.
But I  have still got issues with the hardware. Rubber parts seem to be glued together with cheap glue. A few rubber parts came off the kick-pedal and the rim-trigger. One was suddenly lying on the snare-skin. I will take some pictures and post them.
The rack is still very unstable and shaking - the "made in china label" is written all over the place.
Here is definately room for improvement."

cheers
Thorsten

Scottie

Hi Torbs

Thanks for posting the review.

I am just trying to figure out what the rubber glued parts are? The only part i can think of is the rubber bit that sits under the floating rim, and the only way to get to them would be to pull the rim up!?
Also the kick pedal has two rubber feet on them, which are meant to come off, so that you can decide if you want them on their or not so they are not glued.

I would like to see a picture of how this end user has the kit setup.

Thanks
Scott  :)

NeilC

Just a note on this...

The rubber pads on the bottom of the HH and kick pedal - not good at all, you put on then put the pedal down and it comes off.
Once they're in place they're 'OK' but not amazing. I don't use the supplied kick so can't comment but HH is ok.

puttenvr

Quote from: torbs on October 01, 2009, 10:03:35 AM
... written by somebody from the german drummer forum

Hi, this is not just ''somebody'' but mr WebFox who also wrote the first review

Scottie

Quote from: puttenvr on October 01, 2009, 01:31:42 PM
Quote from: torbs on October 01, 2009, 10:03:35 AM
... written by somebody from the german drummer forum

Hi, this is not just ''somebody'' but mr WebFox who also wrote the first review

Hi puttenvr

Mr WebFox wrote a review on the kit? Was it for a magazine or just on the forum?

Thanks
Scott

puttenvr

He wrote the review that I translated for you into English
It's in the same forum at the top of the page
But I understand that you didn't see it because it's in German
Hence I translated it ...

hdevr000

When is the first official review planned in a magazine.
Most of the time reviews on the net are not amazing and depends also on the drummer him or herself.
Anybody knows when the DrumitFive will be reviewed in a magazine?

Remi

Quote from: hdevr000 on January 12, 2010, 07:41:03 PM
When is the first official review planned in a magazine.
Most of the time reviews on the net are not amazing and depends also on the drummer him or herself.
Anybody knows when the DrumitFive will be reviewed in a magazine?

Reviews in magazines depends also on the drummer him or herself.

puttenvr

... and are not amazing at all

TrommelTheo

@ Scott
it´s realy getting interesting from page and following...

Theo

orly

I read some complaints about the noise made by the kick pad. Is it really that noisy ?

macleod

Quote from: orly on March 19, 2010, 10:53:35 AM
I read some complaints about the noise made by the kick pad. Is it really that noisy ?
Well, you are kicking plastic beater onto semi soft material so it's gotta make some noise.... Look, even if you play on soft pillows there will be noise to bother your neighbors if they are too sensitive  ;D
The problem with the kick is that it's wiggling which is quite annoying especially when playing double bass. But other than that no issues....

hwasser

Any idea how to fix that? (the kick)

AA_

My kick-pad is almost noiseless.
quieter than anything else on the set.