News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

sounds ddrum vs drumit

Started by torbs, October 01, 2009, 07:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torbs

Hi

as I haven't had the possibility to test the drumit5, yet I am wondering if anyone can compare the sounds to the ddrum4 SE unit or even the 3.0 sounds? Would be interesting where the pros and cons are.

I am a ddrum4 user but I think the really good sounds are limited in the old module  - I find only a few mega-samples useful, cause they sound quite real.

Thanks for your opinions.

Thorsten

puttenvr

First of all: there are more sounds to choose from

Esp. the cymbal sounds are much better, more realistic (longer) sounding
The snares and tomtoms are slightly better, but those on the ddrum4 already were very good
There is some hiss on the kicks, a point to be improved. So here the ddrum4 sounds were better

In the end: all sounds have some extra bite. Perhaps this is due to the 24 bit sampling instead of 16 bit

drum4food

Quote from: puttenvr on October 01, 2009, 01:29:58 PM
First of all: there are more sounds to choose from

Esp. the cymbal sounds are much better, more realistic (longer) sounding
The snares and tomtoms are slightly better, but those on the ddrum4 already were very good
There is some hiss on the kicks, a point to be improved. So here the ddrum4 sounds were better

In the end: all sounds have some extra bite. Perhaps this is due to the 24 bit sampling instead of 16 bit

Hi Puttenvr,  this thread caught my attention as I used to be a proud owner of a ddrum4 se kit and am very sorry I sold it, the sampled drum sounds were very realistic compared to my TD-20 that I have now.  I'm glad to hear you say that the sounds have a little "extra bite" to them as I always felt that the ddrum4 snare sounds could benefit from that, and I am taking a very long look into the drumit 5.

Anyway, I was wondering if could elaborate a little more on the hiss sound from the kick sounds.

Many thanks!

spoenk

to me it sounds as if the bd samples were compressed and as the sound decays there is an obvious noise tail ... of course this happens especially if you play soft, trigger soft samples, but turn the bd loud in the mix ...