News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Module-cubase-SD no sound

Started by Linc, November 07, 2011, 03:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linc

Hi all,
I have done my best to seach and find a solution but no luck so i figure i will just post the details.

So i have the usb midi interface cable, output plugged into the input on the module and input plug in the output port on module,

Start cubase and without changing anything i can hit a pad and both the light on the cable plus the bars in cubase go up, so there is input being picked up but no sound (ihave my headphones plugged into the 2box as normal) no output lights on cable though.

I am using  the asio full duplex driver in cubase

Add midi instrument which automatically creates a track and select usb audio device as the input again it picks up hits to the pads but no sound.
Add vst instrument and select SD which starts up and i can hit the drums within the software or on my kit and SD registers the hits but still no sound.

In devices i have the usb midi device as input and enabled but for some reason i cant make any output device active it just wont let me change that. Which logically to me is a problem but i just dont know what to do, i try changing the output back on the midi track and the best i got was i did hear something comingout but it was like just jittery noise.

I am sure i am doing something fundamentally wrong as i should at least be able to get SD to play in cubase without my kit just in the software.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers linc

spoenk

first problem: seems your 2box is MIDI/LOCAL/OFF. so go to UNIT/MIDI and turn LOCAL to ON then you will hear sound when plugging a headphone to the 2box unit

spoenk

Quote from: Linc on November 07, 2011, 03:15:58 AM

Add midi instrument which automatically creates a track and select usb audio device as the input again it picks up hits to the pads but no sound.
Add vst instrument and select SD which starts up and i can hit the drums within the software or on my kit and SD registers the hits but still no sound.

-when trying to trigger from 2box the notes sent by 2box have to be the same as the sounds you want to trigger in the vst instrument

-second part seems to be a problem with your cubase settings??

spoenk

Quote from: Linc on November 07, 2011, 03:15:58 AM

In devices i have the usb midi device as input and enabled but for some reason i cant make any output device active it just wont let me change that. Which logically to me is a problem but i just dont know what to do, i try changing the output back on the midi track and the best i got was i did hear something comingout but it was like just jittery noise.

what is the usb midi device? are you sure it has midi ins AND outs?? what about its driver if it needs one?

what do you get on the 2box MIDI leds?

Linc

Thanks Spo,

I have had some success but not with cubase, I just couldn't get it going so I got a copy of reaper and whala it's working great within 1 min, so much easier to work with for a beginner.

Now I just need to work out the finer details with SD, I have some minor delay between pad hit and output but it's only slight so hopefully I can fix that by reducing the buffer size on the asio driver?

The other issue I have so far is on my floor Tom it triggers a cymbal sound when I hit it as well as the Tom sound, I am think it's because the pads bouce around quite a bit, any thoughts?

I have only had my first little play this afternoon but I am hugely impressed with the sound, is it just me or are the SD sounds far superior to those on the module?

Next step is working out how to actually record something  :rock:

Cheers linc