News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hihat

Started by Evy, December 16, 2010, 03:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evy

Ok, dumb question...doing some recording tomorrow...how do I calibrate the hihat in version 1.10?  Can't seem to find it on the website..
thanks

Evy

Oh you mean I have to read the manual??  Thanks putt.

puttenvr

Couldn't find the copy function this morning, but here it is ....

Before first use, the hihat has to be calibrated on the UNIT-PREF
page. If there is a dash below the HIHAT parameter, the hihat is not
connected (please make sure a stereo TRS cable is used). A closed
hihat symbol will blink if the hihat is not calibrated yet, otherwise
press HIHAT to start the calibration. Close the hihat or loosen it and
let it rest on the hihat puck. Press HIHAT. An open hihat symbol will
be blinking. Opn the hihat or fix the hihat at the position where the
sound should just reach completely open. Press HIHAT again. Done
will appear if an acceptable open to closed range is detected,
otherwise NoChg will be shown. One might want to fix the hihat at a
position higher than the calibrated open position depending on ones
playing preferences.

rcprod

It is too bad that there is no way to adjust the tension of the spring in the hi-hat. When I move my foot upwards it seems that the pedal moves a bit before the hi-hat cymbal begins to move.

Guess I will have to try one of my other hi-hat stands. I kind of liked the look of the 2Box stand.      :-(

Remi

Anyone with hi-hat settings for me?
I guess I changed something. I hear a pretty hard click when push the pedal down.
And no, it's not the hardware or hi-hat sound.

settings like curve, gain tresh pedal etc. everything that involve the hats.
Default settings where okay but don't know them anymore.

thanks in advance .........

fishmonkey

Quote from: rcprod on December 16, 2010, 09:34:49 PM
It is too bad that there is no way to adjust the tension of the spring in the hi-hat. When I move my foot upwards it seems that the pedal moves a bit before the hi-hat cymbal begins to move.

Guess I will have to try one of my other hi-hat stands. I kind of liked the look of the 2Box stand.      :-(

same here. i don't think the spring is strong enough for the weight of the hihat/sensor.

Baby Samus

Can you guys not replace the spring with something stronger from a hardware store?  I use a Yamaha HH pedal, the 2Box one is still in the wrapper!

fishmonkey

i'm gonna try when i've got some spare time.

also, the bottom of the hihat is rivetted on and may need to be drilled.

rcprod

It would be nice if a mod could be done, other wise this cool little stand will likely never get used by me.

Please snap some pics of the process if/when you have the time to take on the job.

Thanks!

fishmonkey

i haven't changed the spring yet, but i did realise that there is actually a little bit of tension adjustment possible with the stock 2Box hi hat.

hiding underneath the felt at the bottom of the threaded rod (in the linkage just above the chain) is a lock nut. i managed to shorten the rod by about a centimeter before i ran out of thread on the rod, which increased the tension enough to make the hi hat open better and not bounce around so much at the top of its travel...

am still thinking about getting one of these though:

http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/?fa=detail&mid=1163&sid=688&cid=27

fishmonkey

so i ended up buying one of those Gibraltar 9607 Liquid Drive No Leg hihat stands, and it is really great. it fits nicely into the 2 Box hihat clamp on the rack, and the hihat triggers about 100 times better now...

http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/?fa=detail&mid=1163&sid=688&cid=27

highly recommended!