News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

SD TO SD CABLE

Started by redstar299, October 12, 2011, 09:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marte®

Quote from: TipNTap on December 10, 2011, 01:19:37 AM
Hi Tony,

this sounds great. Just like you I think we should give it some more time because before christmas shipping might take longer. I will notify you if it arrives. If it doesn't arrive your proposal is very welcome. Should then both arrive I can forward one to somebody else and he will have shorter shipping time.

Thanks!

Markus

P.S.: Sorry, I checked your mail after reading the forum...

Also not received my yet. I live in Brazil ...
I can be this other person...
Let's wait for the "rush" of Christmas and New Year.

I'm happy to resend any item that does not arrive in a reasonable period of time :)

1 month is reasonable, anything longer outside of December means I'd resend.

I ordered a few things in the first week of November from Hong Kong and I'm still waiting for them.

Tony

Marte®

I received the extender today.
Now my module is ready to expanded... I'm waiting a 32GB SDHC from Hong Kong!
I am grateful by Tony's promptness and his honesty.
A happy Christmas for all and a New Year full of health and happiness.
Sincerely,
Marte® from Brazil...

TipNTap

Hi Tony,

the card extender you sent to me arrived yesterday. Not the one you sent after X-mas but the one you sent mid of November  :o! Seems that post/customs were really busy this X-mas.

If the second one also arrives I can forward it to someone else...

Again, many thanks for organizing the extender!

Best wishes,

Markus

P.S.: Hint for others. The 2box module is even more picky with SD-cards if a extender is used. It works in the PC and in the 2box module if I use the original SD-Card (4GB Sandisk class 6). It works with the PC and my 8GB card (Transcend class 10) but it doesn't work with that card and the module (although the card works if I put it directly into the module). I'll try with a Sandisk 16 GB class 10 next...

TipNTap

Hi Tony,

the second cable you sent arrived, today. I'd be more than happy to forward it from Germany to someone else who wants to buy it from you.

Best wishes,

Markus

Update 1: The extender works fine with my new Sandisk 16GB class 10.
Update 2: The second extender will be shipped to Sweden...

Denus

I bought my cable on Ebay from a UK seller.
It was the last one out of a batch of ten, so I was lucky.

The package arrived today, and the SD extension cable is working fine, at least on my iMac.

Update: he has a new batch on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-card-extension-Cable-/110821542791?pt=UK_Photography_MemoryCardReaders_RL&hash=item19cd7a8b87#ht_500wt_1156

Quote from: Denus on February 10, 2012, 10:17:06 AM

Update: he has a new batch on Ebay:

So do I.

I'm willing to match his price too so let me know if any any one wants a cable and I'll ship it for $20 the same as the UK dude.

The advantage buying from me is that I test every single cable I sell. I doubt the UK dude does.

Considering I currently have 40 of them you won't have to wait for me to get them into stock.

Cheers.

Tony

fishmonkey

Quote from: 6828 on February 12, 2012, 06:44:54 AM
The advantage buying from me is that I test every single cable I sell. I doubt the UK dude does.

that's going a bit far...

RockStarGate

I bought mine from 6828 (Tony) and it arrived in 2 weeks and works fine. Great seller!

Quote from: fishmonkey on February 12, 2012, 10:39:19 AM
that's going a bit far...

Interesting comment. How do you see that as going too far ?

For the profit he's making on each cable I doubt he's testing every cable.

Testing has not been mentioned in his sale/s so it's not guaranteed every cable he has will work when you get it.

When it gets down to it, it's about personal preference who you buy from.

It'd be nice if we could support each other here on this forum where possible though.

I don't think thats stretching things too far at all ;)

Tony

fishmonkey

Quote from: 6828 on February 13, 2012, 09:00:04 PM
Interesting comment. How do you see that as going too far ?

For the profit he's making on each cable I doubt he's testing every cable.

Testing has not been mentioned in his sale/s so it's not guaranteed every cable he has will work when you get it.

When it gets down to it, it's about personal preference who you buy from.

It'd be nice if we could support each other here on this forum where possible though.

I don't think thats stretching things too far at all ;)

Tony

i've bought an extender off you and it was all good, no problems there.

however i commented because you are making stuff up about your competitor. it doesn't take long to test a cable, and if i was selling them i'd be giving each one a quick test because dealing with dodgy ones after the fact would be more of a pain.

he also provides invoices...

ytchi

I bought one of the UK ebay seller and it arrived quickly and worked fine.

signature

I bought off 6828 (Tony), and I did that because (a) I couldn't be bothered fussing over a few dollars - not that I checked prices, as I said I could not be bothered, and don't intend to (b) I figured that he had some good responses from other posts, and you are more likely to be able to trust a visible 2boxer than an invisible eBay supplier (c) he is in Australia, where I am - postage is simpler (d) I read some of his posts and they seemed legitimate. Unfortunately I have had one bad purchase before from eBay - it was a microSD that never turned up - silly me didn't do enough research. Luckily only a few dollars wasted. Anyway thanks Tony - Kudos to you! Sorry...Karma to you! PS ordered Silicon Power card yesterday...should turn up soon. $50 delivered. And to all you others who provide so much insight into the 2box, I thank you too.

Denus

What's the big deal here, I only gave a link to help people out.
So buy your stuff at ebay, from Tony or whatever you like.

signature

no big deal at all intended Denus - I for one am grateful for your link, and others that I have used. My intention was only to Thank Tony, and give others some food for thought. Perhaps I may have used your link if I had had it at the time! My comment was a consequence of the theme of all the posts, and not a response to yours specifically.