News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

MTV day!!!!

Started by Scottie, September 22, 2009, 05:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbrs

No I was talking to you

wbrs

I thought about it and there are places where the 2box would look appropriate like any all girl group that plays those daisy guitars, ABBA reunion concert, Tony Orlando's backing band, and little Georgies good time gospel hour.

UC

Did someone steal our "don't feed the troll" sign?  ;D

Scottie

Quote from: wbrs on September 26, 2009, 04:04:55 AM
I thought about it and there are places where the 2box would look appropriate like any all girl group that plays those daisy guitars, ABBA reunion concert, Tony Orlando's backing band, and little Georgies good time gospel hour.

.....or live at an MTV festival being played by a big rockband in Italy :rock: I don't think they would use it with their daisy guitars either, as the colour would clash with the pink and yellow!!  ;)
I'm guessing that you dont like the look of the DrumIt Five wbrs  ;)

The look of the kit really does split people down the middle, some people love the look some people don't, which is fair enough. If everyone liked the same things in life it would be very boring. At the end of the day all i care about is that people love the feel and sound of the kit, and so far from the feedback i have had it does just that!

Scott  :)

Peter W

I admit that I hate the orange color and will wait to see if it comes out in a different color. I do like the efficiency of having no shell on the drums. This makes it more compact and lighter to transport especially if you had to use air travel. One downfall I am told is that you cannot put the snare on a snare stand. some people have said the kit is not a solid as a Roland kit but I have not played it myself.

It would be easy to get trigger pads with shells if it bothers any one that much,or convert an acoustic kit. Maybe eventually you will be able to just buy the cymbals and module and use your own drum pads.

I still don't know why the company does not have optimized demos. I assume that every kit that can be made is sold. It seems to me that it would be very cheap to make a recording of an electronic kit. Roland and Yamaha have very clear demos that demonstrate the sound you are getting.

I have not heard a good punchy studio/live kick from the 2box yet,but it might be there. I have heard some good snares toms,and rides. I have not heard a clear demo of the hi hat working well.

Peter

patbat

Is that true ?
One cannot put the snare on a snare stand ???

wbrs

Look out if you poke fun at how they look your a troll

Travis182

Just watch the video with tony liotta and u will see a snare on a seperate snare stand. So again just someone making up things when they don't even know themselves. I also don't see how their demos don't show how the kit plays, I take it u want them to do a johnny rabb type video.

wbrs

I am waiting to see what will be available separatly and how compatable it will be with other pads. If they aren't then I may have no choice but to buy the pads too. They just won't be aloud to go out in public. My bandmates say Edrums look gay and playing them naked probably doesn't help. They just don't appreciate those cute little baby edrum pads make my stick look bigger.

Dr.Wu

i put the snarepad on a regular snarestand because i was pushing the snare pad down during a longer session. But now i found a solution using the original components. I simply put a piece of tube between the part that holds the pad and the rackclamp. cost nothing and works like a charme. But the snare stand worked great too. (but was more expensive!)

Scottie

Quote from: wbrs on September 27, 2009, 09:26:29 PM
I am waiting to see what will be available separatly and how compatable it will be with other pads. If they aren't then I may have no choice but to buy the pads too. They just won't be aloud to go out in public. My bandmates say Edrums look gay and playing them naked probably doesn't help. They just don't appreciate those cute little baby edrum pads make my stick look bigger.

Hi wbrs

Playing naked.... i dont think you will have to worry about the look of the kit anymore  ;)
Everything will be available separately, and this should happen with the next couple of shipments.

Thanks
Scott

Scottie

Quote from: Dr.Wu on September 27, 2009, 09:53:28 PM
i put the snarepad on a regular snarestand because i was pushing the snare pad down during a longer session. But now i found a solution using the original components. I simply put a piece of tube between the part that holds the pad and the rackclamp. cost nothing and works like a charme. But the snare stand worked great too. (but was more expensive!)

Hi Dr.Wu

How long is the playing session where the snare moves down, as this is some thing i haven't experienced? I have just tried our snare here, and had to put a lot of force on it before it would move:

http://blip.tv/file/2653696

How tight have you got the bracket?

Thanks
Scott

HM

I think the 2box set looks just great on the stage in these MTV videos. The cymbals actually look quite natural because they're big and swing like normal cymbals do. And the set sounds very amazingly real. I think I'll need to buy more cymbal pads in future, though, to get some variation to crashes and a splash maybe.

If I didn't see wrong, the drummer in these MTV videos has separate stands for snare and the "floor tom" on the hi-hat side, at least.

Peter W

That is great that you can use a snare stand and I assume a different hi hat stand.

I am definitiely not looking for Johnny Rabb videos,just the exact opposite. I would like to hear a pro recording of a kick,snare and closed hi hat playing a very clean beat with the best mix kit possible. So far I have heard one moment of a snare that was puinchy and not overcompressed and still have not heard a fat punchy kick.

I think I could put together a kit like this if I could try the kit but it does not exist in the US.

Will there be an update with EQ for each drum and a reverb send? Like so many engineers,I always add a bit of reverb on the snare for live gigs.

I do think the kit is great and I do a lot of testing of VST software. I think a good versatile kit would be a Steven Slate kick with an Ocean Way drums snare. The toms and cymbals seem very good already.

Again I don't know why the company doesn't just record a clean demo themselves. It is even more strange that people defend them for not doing it. A clean demo would probably get you a lot of orders. I don't know of any other company that relies on users to provide their demos. Send me a kit and I will gladly do a great demo for it and post it on all the websites.

Peter

NeilC

Seeing as there's a hundred kits and therefore avast amount of variations for user made kits, it would be quite difficult to do a demo that pleased everyone?

I did a whole sample here:

http://www.neilcarden.co.uk/audio/2boxSamples.mp3

Which plays through every kit - but some people said there is distortion - I listened again the other day adn cannot hear it, but these are raw as they come out the unit...

If you have a MIDI file of a beat you would like to hear - pop it over and I will try some different kits for it - which resemble the sound you're after?

Personally I will be using Superior Drummer and /or BFD for recording as I prefer the sounds and the tweakability...