News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Yamaha PCY-135/PCY-155 and 2Box

Started by Manfred, September 09, 2011, 12:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edtc

Quote from: pro424 on January 09, 2013, 11:52:14 AM
hm can i buy a ring piezo somewhere? or maybe put four, or eight regular piezos in a ring?

it s quite hard to find those ring piezos ... 

i ve read that putting too many piezos in a raw will produce a too high voltage , that can damage the module ...  you can try with 2 small 10mm piezos , i ve did it for the edge sensor of my snare , and it works for 2 years now without issue...

and about the 360 degree , you sure wont need it if you prevent the cymbal from spinning ...

so go for 2 or even one piezos facing you in the bell and post the results ....

pro424

Maybe try with like four or eight in a ring and then put a simple 10k or 100k pot after would work?

edtc

i dont know , i have very little knowledge in electronic   ... try with one or 2 to begin with    ...IMO i feel that so many sensors is overkill.... who needs to hit all over a cymbal by the way ( if it dont spin...)

is the edge switch present all around  the  .Yamaha PCY-135 ?  because it not only serves for choking , but also for the "crash" zone ... so if the switch dont work all around , it wont be 3 zones at 360...

and as i said , Yamaha PCY-135 have a anti spinning system built in , so as long as you dont run all over the place around your drumkit you should be ok ...

pro424

revengehorus

Hi,

It is my first time on this forum, I would buy a module 2box but I have yamaha cymbals (pcy-135 and 155), so I'm very interested in this topic and found the following link may help:

http://www.drumlessons.com/drum-forums/topic/7796-diy-modification-of-yamaha-pcy135-and-pcy155-for-roland-kits/

edtc

I had a great deal on 2 PCY135 and a PCY155 ...

I did the simple HH mod  posted here , (real simple and  works great ... )

I use Manfred's HH board ( similar to JMANs HHBOX )

Before , i use to have a Roland CY-5 , and i can tell that PCY135 is much better in term of sensitivity .Triggering is a lot more accurate .

The BOW/EDGE separation is way better too . 

next week , i ll mod the ride .... :drum1:

Drumaster

I just bought 2 PCY155 to replace 2 of my 3 2Box 14" (they were way too hot, they 'exploded' to 0dB at each hit even with gain and curve to the lowest).
I use them with 'Cym14' type setting and both bow and edge work like a charm without any bell triggering on the bow, even with hard hits. Strangely, 'CyEdg' does not work that great for me, I have to increase the gain to have a decent response, whereas 0 is fine with 'Cym14' setting.

By the way, I set the cymbal level (physical adjustor behind the cymbal) to the highest.

They really are the best cymbals for me, in term of manufacturing quality, play feeling and price (less than twice cheaper than a CY-15R...).

Itsme

if you come across PCY 130s and 150s cymbals you can open up the input box and just disconnect the short white connector and adjust the sensitivity up to suit, works perfect as a 3 Zone ride, better than original 👍

rafaelfreitas

Hi Itsme (or anyone that can helps  ;D),

I have a 130sc. Which would be the short white connector? Many thanks!

rafaelfreitas

I think it's better to send a photo from my pad. The pad is actually the 150S, but the 130SC that I also have has a similar internal shape.

I've disconnected the smaller one on the top left, but it kind disconnect the triggers. The other two with a blue wire when disconnected didn't work as 3 zones neither.

How did you managed to make them as 3 zones? Thanks a loooot!

Photo:
https://ibb.co/bHX86y

Zappmax

Hi,  i am missing the choke switch im the schematics in the beginning has someone an updated version

Thx

welshsteve

I did a repair using two piezo, one on the top and one opposite the cymbal stand hole. It wasn't as good as the donut piezo they used, but it worked near enough good.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!