News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Midi Playback

Started by Berk, August 22, 2011, 11:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berk

Has anybody else experienced difficulty playing back midi data into the Drumit 5?
I recorded some drum tracks on the weekend going from the midi out straight into a mac running Reaper. When I played it back I noticed that some of the notes which were visually in the sequencer would not play back at all.  What's even more strange is that if I were to nudge these missing notes to the left or right by just a few milliseconds they would play again, however then later notes would stop playing (and not necessarily the next note, it would randomly be a few notes later).  The more I edited the midi data the worse it got.  I've tried different sequencers (Reaper, Pro Tools and Live) both with the same results, and 2 different midi interfaces.  I've tried turning local control off on the module (thinking the cross talk algorithm may be kicking in) , and that didn't help.
Anybody have any ideas?  Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

p.s.
I'm running OS 1.20 on the module

Deve Loper

Hi.
Try this, local off, 1 cable directly from midi out to midi in on DrumIt.
If this works, your intf / seq setup is probably dropping data somewhere.
Deve.

edtc

Quote from: Deve Loper on August 22, 2011, 09:48:43 PM
Hi.
Try this, local off, 1 cable directly from midi out to midi in on DrumIt.
If this works, your intf / seq setup is probably dropping data somewhere.
Deve.

Do you mean in a way to test if the drumit5's inner midi interface is ok ?

Deve Loper

Yep.
Your rec setup should work like a kind of long delay, so if DrumIt in local off is ok, it means all midi data is there, so then it's up to your rec setup to catch that data and replay it correctly.
I didn't hear of any midi bug on DrumIt, but...

Also, the midi buffer queue size is 256 messages. All data at DrumIt midi in goes thru that buffer even data that is not intended for DrumIt. So if your seq sends giga amount of data on its midi out port, the in buffer might overflow (didn't hear of such a problem either since the in buffer is emptied real quick).

Deve.

nonoduweb

Perhaps you could add a menu wich shows the midi activity.. If you want, of course... :-X

mcarillo

Hi.  I'm experiencing the exact same issues.  Did you find a solution?  I'm working with Logic Pro X and using a Motu FastLane midi box.  Thanks.

m